PRP heated seats worth it or DIY?

lulzpwndyah

TJ Enthusiast
Basically the title - i've finally saved up enough to buy some PRP enduro elites. I do want heated seats but on PRP website it's $165 to add the heated seats option per chair bringing the total up at least $320 more than without. Would it be wise to just order the seats and add a dorman heated seats set after I receive them or should I just order them with the heated seats?

I was too cheap to pay for the PRP heated seat upgrade. I figured I would buy the heaters and install them myself. I can't imaging it's that difficult.

Reactions: D M
I put a set of the Dorman seat heaters in my TJ this past fall. (1 at Thanksgiving, & one at Christmas.) It is really simple. LJRubiconGuy has a post on how to do it that makes it easy.

Just FYI, the instructions say to put each seat on it's own 10 amp circuit. I checked the current draw on my first one after I installed it, and it was around 4.5 amps. I've been running both of them on the same 10 amp circuit at the same time with no issues.

I put a set of the Dorman seat heaters in my TJ this past fall. (1 at Thanksgiving, & one at Christmas.) It is really simple. LJRubiconGuy has a post on how to do it that makes it easy.

Just FYI, the instructions say to put each seat on it's own 10 amp circuit. I checked the current draw on my first one after I installed it, and it was around 4.5 amps. I've been running both of them on the same 10 amp circuit at the same time with no issues.
I did that too but would blow a fuse every now and then. Finally wired them separately to a secondary auxillary fuse block under the hood.

seems like it's not all that too difficult.

@Chris you should do it and report back with your findings! When are you supposed to get your seats?

Not sure honestly. PRP has a 10-12 week wait, so I'm still waiting. It's been 2 months though I believe.

I will do a write-up whenever I get them and install the heated seats.

It's getting to be in the high 70s here in the day and the 80s are only a month away. That being said, it might not be until about November that I actually get around to installing heated seats :LOL:

ah same way im thinking of doing mine. Tweed in the center and vinyl on the backing.
I figured the tweed would hold up better and not get too hot when it gets in the triple digits wont get stank ass either lol
Wise idea! This is how mine will look:

B16A6EC2-6FDA-4C06-8B22-CC33EC0420FD.jpeg

I contacted them yesterday for a color samples, looks like I'll be going the Enduro Elites too. This is an awesome seat.