Tri band and CB in center console

IMG_6694.jpg

IMG_1168_zpssqoigyuy.jpg

GPS/iPad top mounted:

IMG_6329.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

Reactions: Mr. Bills
You will if it hits you in the head.

Or if you are alone and pinned inside or underneath and having the SOS function within reach is the one thing between you being here or being in the hereafter.
It’s like someone skipped the first post and the entire point of the thread.

Just received my mini from Cabela’s. Trying to figure out a good mounting location similar to some of these nice set ups. I have a Ram Mount for my phone next to the radio. Looking for a way to daisy chain the mini above or below the phone. Does Ram offer a mount to do that from 1 mounting point?

A11008CD-62C1-4201-B5F6-B6478F9E9C8E.jpeg

Which mount?

The Garmin navigator mount in the photo is DIY.

The mount for the Garmin inReach is the Garmin Powered Mount P/N 010-12525-00 and Panavise In Dash Mount P/N 75122-303. (see post #51 of this thread.]

Garmin mounts are available from many sources. I bought mine on Amazon.

Panavise products are well thought out and easy to install. At $32.95 I think they are a good value in comparison to the cost of materials, time, and energy necessary to make something remotely similar as a DIY project Order directly from Panavise. AFAIK, they do not discount retail sales.

Panavise:
https://www.panavise.com/index.html...tat=1&--woSECTIONSdatarq=30&--SECTIONSword=ww
67 Designs:
https://www.67d.com/
DIY Garmin navigator mount:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...vigation-dash-mount-for-wrangler-tj-lj.36578/

Which mount?

The Garmin navigator mount in the photo is DIY.

The mount for the Garmin inReach is the Garmin Powered Mount P/N 010-12525-00 and Panavise In Dash Mount P/N 75122-303. (see post #51 of this thread.]

Garmin mounts are available from many sources. I bought mine on Amazon.

Panavise products are well thought out and easy to install. At $32.95 I think they are a good value in comparison to the cost of materials, time, and energy necessary to make something remotely similar as a DIY project Order directly from Panavise. AFAIK, they do not discount retail sales.

Panavise:
https://www.panavise.com/index.html...tat=1&--woSECTIONSdatarq=30&--SECTIONSword=ww
67 Designs:
https://www.67d.com/
DIY Garmin navigator mount:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...vigation-dash-mount-for-wrangler-tj-lj.36578/
I was asking about the panavise. But unforunately in the 99-02 veraion it sits next to the stereo. Right in front of the airbag. I winder if a 03-06 wpuld fit a 99-02?

I can assure you that the 99-02 version does not sit in front of the passenger side airbag. One of Panavise's most important design parameters is not to block or impede factory safety equipment. Another is not to block any factory controls such as the radio or climate control. They spend considerable time getting it right before bringing a product to market.

My guess is that your concern arises from the product photo, which does not show the bracket angle in relation to the airbag. If it concerns you, you should call Panavise and ask.

Not to turn this into one device is better than another because they all do what you needs them to do and the Garmin is a great unit, is smaller and better as a gps. I bought a Spot x couple years ago and it works great too, the initial start up cost with the device from rei with a 1 year plan with pretty much as many texts as I could ever need and off road emergency road service and towing was a little steep I think Something like $800 but we’ll worth the peace of mind and it makes my wife happy I can let her know I’m Ok, it even sends her a text with a map showing where I’m at.

Not to turn this into one device is better than another because they all do what you needs them to do and the Garmin is a great unit, is smaller and better as a gps. I bought a Spot x couple years ago and it works great too, the initial start up cost with the device from rei with a 1 year plan with pretty much as many texts as I could ever need and off road emergency road service and towing was a little steep I think Something like $800 but we’ll worth the peace of mind and it makes my wife happy I can let her know I’m Ok, it even sends her a text with a map showing where I’m at.
Do you pay monthly or yearly?

Reactions: reddvltj
Do you pay monthly or yearly?
I pay yearly, I’m on automatic renewal and it renewed a couple months ago and I don’t remember exactly how much it cost I think it was somewhere around $295 for everything 500 text messages, unlimited predefined messages, rescue insurance and the off road assistance and recovery. I haven’t used it in a while, up in the California sierras cell service was terrible and I texted a lot, but out where I’ve been going in Arizona I’ve had better cell phone coverage and haven’t needed it, there’s been a couple device updates since I last needed it but I’m not sure how much of a change they’ve made?

I pay yearly, I’m on automatic renewal and it renewed a couple months ago and I don’t remember exactly how much it cost I think it was somewhere around $295 for everything 500 text messages, unlimited predefined messages, rescue insurance and the off road assistance and recovery. I haven’t used it in a while, up in the California sierras cell service was terrible and I texted a lot, but out where I’ve been going in Arizona I’ve had better cell phone coverage and haven’t needed it, there’s been a couple device updates since I last needed it but I’m not sure how much of a change they’ve made?
Yeah Garmin emailed me saying I need to update my Inreach recently. I do the $25/month plan so about the same per year.

I use the Garmin Freedom Plan or whatever it's called. There is an annual subscription fee, but the plan allows me to "upgrade" to premium service for months I am using it frequently or "downgrade" to a less expensive plan for months I don't get into the backcountry.

I'm not sure its that great a bargain for me, and it might be worth the extra dollars for the unlimited annual plan because I do use my inReach Explorer+ nearly every month, but for many the Freedom Plan is a good deal.

Always remember that an inReach is useless circuitry without a subscription of some sort.