PSA, if you have Hulu, check your account frequently

WallyWest

TJ Addict
Few months back they tried adding Disney+ and ESPN to my account. I noticed and took it off before they could bill me.

And now they did it again with HBO Max.

The way this is supposed to work is you go to the channel within Hulu, try to watch something and they tell you it's an additional monthly charge to access it, do you want to continue. That never happened, no kids in our house, just me and my wife.

No notification was sent out either, the only way I caught it was looking at my credit card statement and noticing it went from $11 to $28 a month. Sneaky bastards.

We don't have Hulu - but that's TYPICAL of CableCos and TelCos - I'm sorry its migrated to streaming providers as well.

Few months back they tried adding Disney+ and ESPN to my account. I noticed and took it off before they could bill me.

And now they did it again with HBO Max.

The way this is supposed to work is you go to the channel within Hulu, try to watch something and they tell you it's an additional monthly charge to access it, do you want to continue. That never happened, no kids in our house, just me and my wife.

No notification was sent out either, the only way I caught it was looking at my credit card statement and noticing it went from $11 to $28 a month. Sneaky bastards.
While I don't doubt for a minute a company would do this, does anyone else have your password?

Reactions: Zorba