PSC hose and fitting questions (steering box to ram)

AMS417

"The Ayatollah of rock and rolla"
Supporting Member
Noticed my pitman arm is rubbing my hydraulic hoses and its down to steel braids. I used a piece of scrap heater hose to wrap the damaged section to protect it but have plans to wheel this weekend and want to be prepared. My LJ has the PSC steering box in it.

What size is the hydraulic hose from steering box to the ram for TJ PSC kits? Looks like 3/8 but want to confirm.

What size are the fittings on the steering box to ram connections? Looks like -6AN need to confirm this as well.

Would like to pick up some hose and caps just in case I pop a hose on the trail.

Thanks in advance, searched but not confident in the answers.

You need 3/8 eaton weatherhead high pressure hose. The fittings are reusable. You need -6 caps and the ram and box should have came with them.

I blew a ram hose last weekend. I noticed oil sprayed on my windshield and shut the jeep off a second later. The pump was toast and i had to drive home without power steering as it would not bleed.

You need 3/8 eaton weatherhead high pressure hose. The fittings are reusable. You need -6 caps and the ram and box should have came with them.

I blew a ram hose last weekend. I noticed oil sprayed on my windshield and shut the jeep off a second later. The pump was toast and i had to drive home without power steering as it would not bleed.
Thanks for confirming.

I did not install the kit. It was a hack job install by the PO. Wrong size ram both diameter and length. I plan to fix it correctly when I have the time, but it works for now. Hence I have no caps.

Will pick up some caps and hose just in case. I can see the fittings are screw in reusable type. I need different fittings on the box side to prevent it from rubbing. 90's probably would help.

I ordered some hose and a pump on tuesday and had it to california on saturday.

I am told you dont want to mix hose and fittings, so you want eaton weatherhead hose.

Reactions: AMS417
I ordered some hose and a pump on tuesday and had it to california on saturday.

I am told you dont want to mix hose and fittings, so you want eaton weatherhead hose.
I see that on their site. Will see if I can get it local tomorrow. If not will order 5 ft 3/8 from PSC with a couple of 90 degree fittings.