PSC steering box hits internal stop before steering stop on knuckle touches

Johnnyf

Supporting Member
hopefully someone on here knows a thing or two about steering boxes. I have installed a psc big bore box for my LJ and turning to driver the steering box hits internal stop before steering stop on knuckle touches. Turning to passenger the steering stop on knuckle touches well before box is on stop. continued turning of steering wheel forces body to dive down if that makes any sense. old box does not do this. question is is it possible that the stops in box are incorrectly set or can they even be adjusted?
john

hopefully someone on here knows a thing or two about steering boxes. I have installed a psc big bore box for my LJ and turning to driver the steering box hits internal stop before steering stop on knuckle touches. Turning to passenger the steering stop on knuckle touches well before box is on stop. continued turning of steering wheel forces body to dive down if that makes any sense. old box does not do this. question is is it possible that the stops in box are incorrectly set or can they even be adjusted?
john
The centerline of the piston in the bigger box is more offset to the the other side than than stock because it is a larger piston. That moves the box over so you have to readjust the draglink and make sure the axle is centered at ride height. Once the box is moving the knuckles back and forth evenly, then adjust the knuckle stops.

so to keep steering wheel true and the box set per PSC ( marks aligned with wheels centered ) wouldn’t the best solution be to rotate pitman arm on shaft. guess that would involve cutting out the key spline? can only visualize so much drinking coffee guess it’s time to crawl under the Jeep!

so to keep steering wheel true and the box set per PSC ( marks aligned with wheels centered ) wouldn’t the best solution be to rotate pitman arm on shaft. guess that would involve cutting out the key spline? can only visualize so much drinking coffee guess it’s time to crawl under the Jeep!
Was there something I was not clear about?