PSC steering gear fluid

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
So I just got a PSC steering gear to replace my stock/broken steering gear. As of now I’m still going to be running the stock pump for a while. My question is that they recommend Swepco 715 but I was wondering if there is any alternative fluid I can run for now since I don’t have the PSC pump, or is the swepco what I should be running. It’s not a big deal, I just don’t want to have to order it and would like something I can buy at a local parts store.

When I was going to run a PSC pump with my mercedes box they said ATF+4 would be fine. PSC was pretty helpful when I talked to them so you could just ask them directly. I wouldn't worry about using ATF+4 but I'm not going to replace your steering gear if it goes south either.

I run just Napa power steering fluid on my JK with PSC pump and big bore box. GM P/S fluid is real similar to Swepco if you can't get it, and okayed by PSC last time I checked.

Run the swepco. You already dumped the bucks on the box...give it what it needs to serve you for the long haul. Pm me if you need a quart or 2