PT Cruiser turbo swap???

Yoshisaur

so i have a 2003 tj with a 4cyl i did a little research and i have the same engine as a pt cruiser.. my question is will the turbo on a pt cruiser be a direct fit and would it work?

Even if you could get the turbo to bolt on, your engine management is vastly different. The only thing your engine and the PT Cruiser turbo engine have in common are likely the long block itself.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Reactions: StG58
Even the long block is different. Basic design is the same though. The PT Snoozer is front wheel drive, so all of the exhaust and intake plumbing is going to be different. Engine management is going to be a nightmare because of the way Chrysler sets their computers up. Is it doable? Sure. Would it be worth it? You'll have to make that call. It would be easier, cheaper and faster, plus give better results, to slap a GM Gen IV V6 or V8 in with a Novak kit and call it a day.

Reactions: TheFrenchMan
Ya, that's what I heard as well. Can't even drive Stinger to Yakama or SoCal or nothin' without issues. Poor Frank. And that whole getting slightly better gas milage thing is just crazy talk.

Edited to add: Think he'd sell me his set up cheap? You know, just to help him clean out his shed of unwanted and unneeded parts? I'd be willing to do him that favor. :p

Why would anyone want to turbo.........

And you guys are so funny. ;)

Moab next week. In Salt Lake without a problem:)

Reactions: Chris
Even the long block is different. Basic design is the same though. The PT Snoozer is front wheel drive, so all of the exhaust and intake plumbing is going to be different. Engine management is going to be a nightmare because of the way Chrysler sets their computers up. Is it doable? Sure. Would it be worth it? You'll have to make that call. It would be easier, cheaper and faster, plus give better results, to slap a GM Gen IV V6 or V8 in with a Novak kit and call it a day.

I believe I will go with AA next time.

Because I was not all that happy with Novak. They have excellent written material and if you buy stuff from them there is more reading provided.
However, my overall experience was a 3.5 put of 5. Hence I will give AA a chance. They also have all the right stuff.

Last edited: