Public Service Announcement

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Don't worry... that Ford front end is nothing compared to that Chevy monstrosity. Someone needs to take the design team out back and shoot them for designing that thing.

Plus, at least you actually use yours as a tool. Not like the "bros" around here who just buy them to cruise around in ;)

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Pretty sure people hate my Jeep too. With it being as high as it is, I get people flashing their brights at me all the time. I get it though... My headlights are a lot higher than they would be in something like a Honda Civic.

OP
OP
P

Powdermonkey

SAPPER
Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2018
Western Co
I have a buddy with the GMC. They’re a really nice truck and rides better than the ford IMO. But we switched to Ford because of all the mechanical problems we experienced GMC. Not that we don’t do our fair share to the fords.
I’m not sure why anyone would drive a dodge though

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
Oct 25, 2017
Everett, Wash, United States
Look at how bizarre the lights have gotten on vehicles. 1958 was the first year of US cars being allowed to have four headlights instead of just two (legal in all 48 states), and people thought it was an unusual look. Just imagine what they'd think of the nonsense we have 60+ years later...

OP
OP
P

Powdermonkey

SAPPER
Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2018
Western Co
True, but I've got some very, very expensive LEDs with a really nice cutoff pattern (probably why they cost more). Not the kind that throw scattered light everywhere.
I know you speak highly of those lights but I’m having a hard time getting over the price. I just don’t see the value, yet. But then again I have yet to drive mine after dark.

OP
OP
P

Powdermonkey

SAPPER
Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2018
Western Co
Look at how bizarre the lights have gotten on vehicles. 1958 was the first year of US cars being allowed to have four headlights instead of just two (legal in all 48 states), and people thought it was an unusual look. Just imagine what they'd think of the nonsense we have 60+ years later...
How the hell do you know that?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
I know you speak highly of those lights but I’m having a hard time getting over the price. I just don’t see the value, yet. But then again I have yet to drive mine after dark.
If you could drive in mine after dark, you’d totally understand, I promise. And for what it’s worth, I only paid $400. Still expensive, but way better than the original $800.

rasband

LJR Junkie
Supporting Member
Sep 11, 2018
Denver, CO
I agree with grills getting ridiculous but it’s a tool for me not a fashion show. We have had good luck mechanically. The 6.7 pulls the mountain passes with no problem at all.
There’s a few things I learned growing up a few years in the mountains:

1. Nothing holds up like a Stihl chainsaw
2. No truck can handle the requirements like a Ford (we had a 1977 plow truck and 2003 work truck, both running great)
3. A 1970s tractor is bulletproof, as long as you don’t mind the tach not working.

OP
OP
P

Powdermonkey

SAPPER
Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2018
Western Co
There’s a few things I learned growing up a few years in the mountains:

1. Nothing holds up like a Stihl chainsaw
2. No truck can handle the requirements like a Ford (we had a 1977 plow truck and 2003 work truck, both running great)
3. A 1970s tractor is bulletproof, as long as you don’t mind the tach not working.
I do like my Stihl chainsaw but hate their cut off saws. Husqvarna much better!