Puddle of water on ground under passengers side of my 2005 Unlimited

Agee

Noticed what appears to be water dripping from someplace under the hood on the passengers' side of my 2005 Unlimited
Found a large puddle under the car after it sat for 3 hours. Saw the drip under the engine
Opened the hood and can't see where it may be coming from. It seems to be water and not coolant.
It has been happening on and off for a few weeks. Asked a mechanic a few weeks ago and he thought it may be from the air conditioner, but I wasn't using the ac
Could it be from the heat or defroster? Getting cold here on cape cod and have been using the defroster a lot lately
All gauges on the dashboard are reading normal levels
Anything to be concerned about?
Thanks

It's likely from the A/C, as it does run when the defroster setting is used.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I agree with the AC drain. IF you don't have the factory rubber hose attached, that water dripping ends up on the passenger floor board, DAMHIK :).

Fortunately, a piece of 3/4" heater hose will divert the water away from the interior and to the ground.

It should have some color to it if it was the heater core leaking. Unless his coolant is very watered down.

If you've been using the A/C recently, that's what it is, and it's 100% normal.

Thanks again for all the help
Coolant is orange -doesn't look watered down and the puddle is clear
So based on the above it appears to be normal and from from using the defroster. Haven't used the A/C