Pulled Rug Surprise - Broken Fuel Tank Access Panel

97TJ_305

So I finally got around to pulling my dirty rotten carpet in order to switch to bed tred and low and behold a previous owner decided to cut a fuel tank access panel in the cargo area.

What is even better is I had no idea it was a cut through the floor pan sealed with epoxy and while cleaning the tub I stepped right through it.

Any tips on how I can seal this back up? I'm trying to find some type of bracing I can install under to have the cut piece rest on while I reseal it.

So I finally got around to pulling my dirty rotten carpet in order to switch to bed tred and low and behold a previous owner decided to cut a fuel tank access panel in the cargo area.

What is even better is I had no idea it was a cut through the floor pan sealed with epoxy and while cleaning the tub I stepped right through it.

Any tips on how I can seal this back up? I'm trying to find some type of bracing I can install under to have the cut piece rest on while I reseal it.

Can you post a pic, it would really help.

Reactions: Txbuck
Can you post a pic, it would really help.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.08.47 PM.png

I temporarily put something under the top section to keep it from falling back inside.

Could get a couple pieces of flat stock longer than the access so you could bolt both ends then drop the plate on it.

weld a couple nuts with match drilled holes under each piece of flat stock and bolt the plate down to it, silicone it up.

The hole is already there. Since you don’t want to weld it, I’d do like @Apparition said and make some kind of frame and secure it down to the floor and seal it up. Make it easy to take off again if you need to.

Reactions: Apparition