Pulled the trigger today...

HuskerRubi

Supporting Member
Finally decided on the lift I want to run on my LJ. Going with the Rubicon Express 3.5" Super-Flex Suspension System. I've ran Rubicon Express in the past on my JK's without issue.

Should have it delivered next Monday. :)

Question: Looking for shock recommendations. I didn't go with the Rubicon Express ones as i think there are better ones available. I did check the FAQ on forum with no luck. But could be user error!

Here is what i am looking at:

Rancho RS 5000X
Fox 2.2

Thoughts

Last edited:
BTW, get the Ranchos. I had the Fox 2.0s and they aren't that great. Ask @mrblaine to explain to you the crappy pop can metal design (I can't remember exactly what he told me, but it was amusing).

Ok, looking at the Rancho RS5000x. After finding a few reviews on here recommending the 5000X model, I am going with those. Now, any ideas on where to locate them for a 3.5" lift. Amazon only has the RS5000, not the 5000X ones that will work with the 3.5" lift

Update: I think i might have found them, but not 100%. Can anyone confirm?

Front Part #: RS55255
Rear Part #: RS55256

Found them on AutoAnything

Last edited:
So, just ordered the above shocks after I figured out they were the right ones. :)

AutoAnything was offering an additional 10% off the shock purchase, plus the Rancho promo going right now. So got all 4 for $183 shipped and then will get back $50 from Rancho (Visa Gift Card). Feels like XMAS!

Reactions: VallenMaes
I just recently installed the RS 5000X on my Jeep from Amazon. They shipped from shock surplus but for a 4-5" lift.
They ride exactly like i hoped for.

I would spray those ranchos with a clear coat over the white paint. I plain sucks. Mine rusted like crazy in a matter of months. Absolute shit. I threw my rs5000x shocks away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk