Pulling a pickup truck out of the mud near a river bank. Jeeps can go anywhere!

Jvelt17

I got a call from a friend last Spring asking me to help pull his buddy out. The Jeep had no problem getting back there and doing the job. Happy to be a new member.

IMG_2382.JPG

Glad you were able to get him out. A TJ with a winch is a fantastic tool/toy to have!

Another thing the photo shows is the "if I had one of those instead of my truck, I wouldn't be in this situation" look on the Dodge truck owner's face...:cool:

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
Get a Bubba Rope (they aren't even that expensive). And yes if you can help it, its always better to pull in "forward" gear. The way the teeth on your reverse gear is setup,it isn't suited for being under load.

I got a call from a friend last Spring asking me to help pull his buddy out. The Jeep had no problem getting back there and doing the job. Happy to be a new member.
Classic! Jeeps will forever be "The Recovery Team"

Welcome!

Get yourself a good kinetic recovery rope (expensive, but worth it). Also, don't pull in reverse if you can help it.
x2 on the kinetic rope or a snatch strap. They have both saved me, and helped me save others!
Just watch what brand you get - You don't want to be known as "The Master Super-Yanker" in your group ;)
Yanker.png

I'm sure it's a perfectly good rope... Heh...

I have an ASR rope (cheaper and just as good as Bubba), and anyone I've recovered with it has been amazed at how smooth the pull was. No sudden jerks is easier on rigs, and the people in them.

Looks like the Jeep was stuck in the wet grass ..... Dodge guy felt badly leaving him behind, so hooked him up and used the Jeep as a trailer .... just sayin'
Haha. It does appear that my front tire is sunk in, but it wasn't. This particular area is floodplain. I'm not even sure why he was back there with a 3/4 ton pick up.