Purchased a 2021 Jeep Wrangler this Week

I am definitely a bigger fan of the JLs than JKs as far as looks go. The 3.8 was a mistake in the JK too. My problem is the price point for what started life as a utilitarian vehicle has gotten way out of hand. I bought my brand new 2004 TJ Rubi for $24k and struggled justifying that to myself, and I'm sure I'd shit myself if I saw what your girl paid for that Sahara.

Of course, I just paid 37k for a 2020 RAM 1500 4x4 in May, so what the hell do I know?

Reactions: Fouledplugs
That’s essentially the same setup as my JT Overland. Find some Rubicon takeoff sliders and replace the plastic running boards. I see you missed out on my favorite option, the aux switches... those are very much worth the price! I’ve been getting 19 to 24 mileage with my 3.6/auto

I am definitely a bigger fan of the JLs than JKs as far as looks go. The 3.8 was a mistake in the JK too. My problem is the price point for what started life as a utilitarian vehicle has gotten way out of hand. I bought my brand new 2004 TJ Rubi for $24k and struggled justifying that to myself, and I'm sure I'd shit myself if I saw what your girl paid for that Sahara.

Of course, I just paid 37k for a 2020 RAM 1500 4x4 in May, so what the hell do I know?
Yea the JL’s have caused the JK to look dated. The engine and trans is great in the JL’s.
Yea the price is up there. But you get a lot for what you pay for. The JLUS starts at $38 :whistle:

Nice one, but what I like is the move you made to bypass the dealer that wouldn't act and got the Jeep. Serves them right.
I gave them a chance, they did not want to bother the dealer that had the Jeep. So I took my money to that said dealer, made a deal, and drove it back to surprise my gf all in the same day.

I believe that the dealer I was orginally working with did not think/believe that I’d drive three hours to get it...I got nothing better to do once I have my mind made up on something.

That’s essentially the same setup as my JT Overland. Find some Rubicon takeoff sliders and replace the plastic running boards. I see you missed out on my favorite option, the aux switches... those are very much worth the price! I’ve been getting 19 to 24 mileage with my 3.6/auto
Yea she wants the Rubicon springs, Rubicon wheels, Rubicon bumpers, so Im sure she’s going to want the Rubicon steps. 😅

I gave them a chance, they did not want to bother the dealer that had the Jeep. So I took my money to that said dealer, made a deal, and drove it back to surprise my gf all in the same day.

I believe that the dealer I was orginally working with did not think/believe that I’d drive three hours to get it...I got nothing better to do once I have my mind made up on something.
Buddy I can relate 100%. the most successful businesses work hard to help the client get what they want.

There are tons of contractors in Huntsville and only a handful are doing anything today... I'm checking a quirky leak.... Giving a client an estimate.... Getting a set of cabinets built...Meeting with a customer to make sure they like my design concept... Picking up a check on another job... Making sure a newly finished floor is protected... Making sure my awesome work trailer is well stocked and ready for next week and my job is clean downtown... And making sure my workers get money for Thanksgiving.

This is an easy day.

People don’t need to call me lucky if I work while they are sleeping.

Last edited:
Our trip from South Carolina to Alabama she got 19.5 average last night.

Cleaned it up after some rain storms and got some photos of it with my better camera. At the very least it will get some Rubicon springs, shocks, and some all terrain tires.
C7499400-65C9-47A1-91D5-1508D088DCF2.jpeg
0A529453-73AC-4EEA-AAD7-F3D8C53B4EF4.jpeg
0E2720A5-75B3-4741-9E0A-D80F0532D305.jpeg
428FF45D-B318-4985-8A78-9FFBEE423696.jpeg
4882CF27-2468-4999-B7A5-38123D7D353D.jpeg
C5200BD2-22E0-46CD-AEB8-98AE75DDD3BB.jpeg
9FA22BC5-F67D-45E4-93BC-AB66D8158023.jpeg
E659749E-D71A-4E3C-8C7A-209EF76DA740.jpeg

Reactions: Starrs and zebra12
Thanks. When She lets me drive, I do enjoy it.
I recommend keeping the Sahara running boards, or at least something with similar coverage. The front tires throw rocks at the leading edge of the rear fenders and will chew them up. The door hinges will get chipped too. Those running boards will prevent that from happening. If you want something a little more aggressive-looking that can take a beating off-road or at the mall, check these out.
IMG_20200205_075257.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Fouledplugs
Thanks, I surprised her with it and she absolutely loves it. She really wanted the Rubicon but hated that the interior stuff is threaded with red stitching. Even when choosing the Katzkin leather seat upgrades which replaces the red stitching in the seats with white, all the other stitching remains red...
(Steering wheel leather, parking brake leather, seat leather, etc all utilizes red stitching no matter what exterior color is chosen.)
Thanks, I surprised her with it and she absolutely loves it. She really wanted the Rubicon but hated that the interior stuff is threaded with red stitching. Even when choosing the Katzkin leather seat upgrades which replaces the red stitching in the seats with white, all the other stitching remains red...
(Steering wheel leather, parking brake leather, seat leather, etc all utilizes red stitching no matter what exterior color is chosen.)
The dark saddle brown leather seat option takes away the red dash and any red interior stitching/trim. Makes everything grey/black.

The front tires throw rocks at the leading edge of the rear fenders and will chew them up.
Noticed this yesterday as we took her JLU off road for the first time. The factory side steps had blocked a lot but there was deff a small collection of small rocks and a small pile of dirt on the side steps once we got out to look around.