Put it in 2nd gear and give it everything you got!

That made for an interesting ride home for the owner and his wife...

You would think the instant it was apparent he was making the hill, he would have let off the throttle, not kept it floored. Sad tale.

Reactions: Rob5589 and StG58
That made for an interesting ride home for the owner and his wife...

You would think the instant it was apparent he was making the hill, he would have let off the throttle, not kept it floored. Sad tale.
No lie. But fat dude said "put it in second and give it what ya got" or some such. Owner didn't have the experience to think that was bad advice. Expensive lesson. All of that ground looked pretty solid, but a little slick.

Reactions: Rob5589
^^^^ Even worse, he did not need a spotter IMO since everything was apparent though the windshield. It does look as if he was new and trusted the wrong guy. It is sad that he rolled a nice ride.

On a side but almost related issue... Only use enough speed to clear the obstacle you are confronted with. This is my chief complaint against ATV's as most that I see try to go as fast as the obstacle will allow.

Sometimes video can be misleading in regards to angles, slope etc. But that looked like a simple muddy spot that could be easily crossed. And to add, lockers can and will "pull" on slick surfaces, especially with a slight slope. You can see dude's Rubi pull itself to the right and over the edge. My guess would be if he left them unlocked he wouldn't have gone over the edge.