Quadratec 9500 winch for $250

scottgraham

Just another bad habit
Supporting Member
Found this winch on CL. It is new, never used, w/ synthetic rope.
QT doesn't make it any more but the 9000lb is $450 and the &10,000 is $600.
Should I grab it, or wait for something better?
THX

Do you have a model #, how is OLD is NEW ? Also QT is offering this 9000# w/syn rope winch new on there site for $499.99

https://www.quadratec.com/products/92122_2030_07.htm
But if I was on a budget I think I would consider the VR EVO 8000# from Warn also w/ syn rope but for $684.99.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/warn/vr-evo-series-winch/8000lb-synthetic-rope

One thing I do not like about house brand items is replacement parts in the future.

I know for a fact that I get customers that buy The Home Depot house brand faucets and then a few years later trying to get parts is sometime impossible. These companies put together a product for an offshore (China) company to make them. Then a few years later find another company that can make them cheaper and switch and then guess what the parts are not interchangeable and I get to sell them a new faucet :)

As for Jeeps " Buy once cry once "

The guy just sent pics. It has never even been spooled up. Thing is for me, I will never be needing to use it like you guys do out west.
It's a Q9500is:

IMG_1092_Original.jpeg

Quadratec still sells all the replacement parts for their winches. It's just a regular Chinese winch but with good parts availability. At $250 with synthetic line it's a good deal.

Quadratec still sells all the replacement parts for their winches. It's just a regular Chinese winch but with good parts availability. At $250 with synthetic line it's a good deal.
I think he said $450.00 not $250.00

I looked and have seen reviews going back 6 years, and it looks like it came out in 2010, so just consider the warranty.

If it were me and I wanted the QT winch I would buy the one I listed above But then I have 2 Warn winches one of them is a M8000 that's about 30 years old and still working hey that's just me.

Not synthetic I but the smittybuilt XRC 9.5k Gen 2 is like 260 on amazon rn. Has a warranty for what that’s worth.