Quadratec Customer Service Issues

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
So I bought some soft top gear but they cant supply "out of Stock" when it was shown "In Stock ready to ship" OK no problem I can wait but the emails from Customer service are all over the place? I paid via paypal but they say I will have to pay again? then they said I have not been charged when I have? Then they said I owe the international shipping when I have already paid it? are they using an Indian telco call centre? because these people dont make any sense!

Should I just cancel the order and claim back through paypal? Any experience with cancelling Quadratec orders?

Cheers

I used to use Quadratec all the time. Their customer service sucks! Especially if you try to email them. I stopped using them because of that. I'd cancel the order. You'll have to call Q-Tec to cancel. Paypal has been great with me for getting refunds.

Last edited:
Reactions: SvtLdr
This has been my experience as well. It seems like Quadratec used to have better customer service and better prices. At some point they forgot that both of those are essential to being great in the Jeep aftermarket. I'd cancel the order and look elsewhere. There are plenty of good vendors to choose from.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Now you know why I keep telling everyone to stay away from Quadratec. Eventually you'll get your stuff, but their customer service sucks donkey balls anytime I've had to deal with them.

Wow, I have never had a bad experience with them. Prices are great, shipping is super fast here in PA. They bend over backwards when i called them over a hard top hoist, they sent me an upgraded (way more $) unit. Once I emailed to cancel an order cause it was supposed to be in stock and the next day got an email saying its out of stock and will be delayed. The very next day they emailed back saying I couldn't cancel cause it already shipped!

They are across the state from me and a vendor of mine.
The problem right now and it's not exclusive to Quadratec is these places are doing the telecommute thing and even running on a skeleton crew at that.
While most people might think they'd like the work from home thing believe it or not the ones who do it get irritated at it.

Customer Service right now sucks across the board. We emailed Bestop per their request of an older top and it literally took 5 days for a reply.

Also to note...

Quadratec has the actual inventory on their web site. You need to pay attention to it.

You can clearly see if it's being shipped from West Chester Pennsylvania or being dropped shipped from the mfg with only an estimated shipping date at best.

If you cancel you'll be chasing your tail I'm afraid.

Let the dust settle a few days and see what happens.

So I bought some soft top gear but they cant supply "out of Stock" when it was shown "In Stock ready to ship" OK no problem I can wait but the emails from Customer service are all over the place? I paid via paypal but they say I will have to pay again? then they said I have not been charged when I have? Then they said I owe the international shipping when I have already paid it? are they using an Indian telco call centre? because these people dont make any sense!

Should I just cancel the order and claim back through paypal? Any experience with cancelling Quadratec orders?

Cheers
Hey there,

I am very sorry to see this and I am more than happy to look into this order for you. Can you please send me a message with your order number?

Thank you
Hailey

Reactions: Weasellee
I gave up on Quadratec at least 15 years ago. Their prices were always higher than what others charged and some of their tech was incorrect. For example I sent them 2-3 emails saying their speedometer gear chart was incorrect in several areas and even years later those same errors remained. They finally fixed them but to me it showed they didn't care about anything but selling product.

One outrageous example of pricing arrogance.... they were selling the Uniden Pro-520xl in their catalog for $69.95 when everyone else was selling them for $39.95 at the time. There was a Quadratec rep on a Jeep forum who was arguing with me that their prices were great that I kept disagreeing with. He finally shut up when I posted that Pro-520xl example. I just checked their pricing and the Uniden Pro-510xl that can be found for $29.95 is $49.95 in their latest catalog.

They're still taking advantage of newer Jeepers who don't yet know how to price shop Jeep parts or how to buy anywhere else. They're for the new Jeepers... those with more experience gravitate elsewhere.

I've had great experiences with Quadratec. I've ordered a bunch of stuff to be delivered to my address in the US. There were a few hiccups but they always solved the problem with no hassle.

Recently, I ordered parts to be delivered to Ireland and subsequently cancelled the order because I found out it was backordered and not in stock after I had paid for it. The cancellation got messed up, so I sent an e-mail to request a cancellation. Long story short, they didn't get the cancellation and shipped the order a week after I thought I had cancelled it. It's now held by Customs in Ireland who want me to pay import duties on a product I don't even want anymore. I have told DHL to return the item and yet it still sits at Customs racking up storage fees. This can't end with a good outcome for me.

I will probably be ordering some more stuff to be delivered to Ireland later this year and I intend to buy from Quadratec again. The issues with customs are not their fault and next time I won't be in such a hurry for the parts so I can handle a delay in delivery.

I used to use Quadratec all the time. Their customer service sucks! Especially if you try to email them. I stopped using them because of that. I'd cancel the order. You'll have to call Q-Tec to cancel. Paypal has been great with me for getting refunds.
Hey there,

I do apologize for the previous experiences that you have had with our customer service. I would be more than happy to look into this so this does not happen to any other customer. We do offer order cancellations in your account on the website. The only time you would not be able to cancel an item in your account is if it was shipping directly from the manufacturer.

Thank you,
Hailey

Reactions: Weasellee
I've had great experiences with Quadratec. I've ordered a bunch of stuff to be delivered to my address in the US. There were a few hiccups but they always solved the problem with no hassle.

Recently, I ordered parts to be delivered to Ireland and subsequently cancelled the order because I found out it was backordered and not in stock after I had paid for it. The cancellation got messed up, so I sent an e-mail to request a cancellation. Long story short, they didn't get the cancellation and shipped the order a week after I thought I had cancelled it. It's now held by Customs in Ireland who want me to pay import duties on a product I don't even want anymore. I have told DHL to return the item and yet it still sits at Customs racking up storage fees. This can't end with a good outcome for me.

I will probably be ordering some more stuff to be delivered to Ireland later this year and I intend to buy from Quadratec again. The issues with customs are not their fault and next time I won't be in such a hurry for the parts so I can handle a delay in delivery.
Hello there,

I would be happy to look into that order if you would like to send me your order information.

Thank you
Hailey

I’ve not ordered much from QT in the past, but I just ordered a new Rampage top because they had the cheapest price I could find for the sailcloth version. It is on back order, which was noted on the site when I ordered last week, with an expected date this week. We shall see.

Last edited:
I gave up on Quadratec at least 15 years ago. Their prices were always higher than what others charged and some of their tech was incorrect. For example I sent them 2-3 emails saying their speedometer gear chart was incorrect in several areas and even years later those same errors remained. They finally fixed them but to me it showed they didn't care about anything but selling product.

One outrageous example of pricing arrogance.... they were selling the Uniden Pro-520xl in their catalog for $69.95 when everyone else was selling them for $39.95 at the time. There was a Quadratec rep on a Jeep forum who was arguing with me that their prices were great that I kept disagreeing with. He finally shut up when I posted that Pro-520xl example. I just checked their pricing and the Uniden Pro-510xl that can be found for $29.95 is $49.95 in their latest catalog.

They're still taking advantage of newer Jeepers who don't yet know how to price shop Jeep parts or how to buy anywhere else. They're for the new Jeepers... those with more experience gravitate elsewhere.
Hey Jerry,

I do apologize for that previous experience that you had. We are constantly updating the website to reflect the most accurate information that we have available. We do care about providing accurate information to our customers and providing the best advice or guidance possible. Prices that are listed in the catalog are not the most accurate as some prices will change after the catalog has been printed. The prices that are listed on the website are the most accurate. .

We are not just about selling the product but providing the and we do offer items as low of price as we are able and we also will match a competitor’s delivered price, which will include shipping and tax, for the same brand product as long as it is from an authorized distributor, the product is in stock and the price can be verified in a current catalog, web site or advertisement.

The pricing match guarantee will not apply to items listed from auction web sites, or listed as clearance, closeout, discontinued, second, scratch and dent or are priced incorrectly in the authorized distributor's catalog, website or ad. The price match guarantee cannot be based on club or membership discounts or group buys and cannot be combined with any other offers.

* Due to certain manufacturer pricing policies, we cannot discount certain products manufactured by Edge, Superchips, MSD, AEV, Bushwacker, Mopar and Warn.

We are not just for new Jeepers but all Jeepers! I am more than happy to look into or have anything corrected for our customers.
Thank you,
Hailey

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Now you know why I keep telling everyone to stay away from Quadratec. Eventually you'll get your stuff, but their customer service sucks donkey balls anytime I've had to deal with them.
Hello Chris,

I am very sorry that you feel that way and I do apologize for anytime that you had a poor encounter with our agents. We are constantly increasing our monitoring and training classes to better our agents moving forward. I am more than happy to help out all of our customers as much as I am able to here on the forum. Please reach out to me anytime that you have a problem and I will do my best to have that corrected.

Thank you,
Hailey