Quadratec Hires Ex Rugged Ridge Head of Product Design

jesseshoots

TJ Enthusiast
Looks like Quadratec is seriously upping their investment into their own product line. And it wont just be knock-offs of other companies designs either if he has anything to say about it.

This guy, aside from myself and the two other engineers that I worked with, was the reason for the change of form of Rugged Ridge parts when the JL came out. It will be interesting to see where the Quadratec line of products goes.

Looks like Quadratec is seriously upping their investment into their own product line. And it wont just be knock-offs of other companies designs either if he has anything to say about it.

This guy, aside from myself and the two other engineers that I worked with, was the reason for the change of form of Rugged Ridge parts when the JL came out. It will be interesting to see where the Quadratec line of products goes.
When we used to sell to Q-tec, one of their big things they repeated to us over and over was protection as much as possible from all the knock offs and a promise to not support that practice. Didn't take long for that to land in the trash.

When we used to sell to Q-tec, one of their big things they repeated to us over and over was protection as much as possible from all the knock offs and a promise to not support that practice. Didn't take long for that to land in the trash.

Yeah, they pretty much sucked on that side of things. When we first released the stupid brake light that went inside the spare, it was impossible to keep stocked. We sold out of the first order of 10,000 pretty much instantly and it was a steady back-order no matter how many we'd get in. Quad was one of our main purchasers of the light. After the first year we see they are offering the exact same light under the Quad brand. No, this wasn't a private label of RR stuff like their Tactik brand is. We even got a design patent on the light because they're cheap and easy to obtain. They clearly didn't give a shit and made theirs anyways knowing we couldn't enforce it because they were our biggest customer.

They also screwed us over by releasing stuff on their site as "for sale" not "pre-order" before we had even started production (JL tube doors). We sent them the info and pics for an upcoming catalog (summer book that gets info submitted about three to six months ahead of time) not for uploading to their sales data.

Those are just a few reasons I don't buy from them.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris