Has anyone installed the Quadratec subwoofer?

Stretch

TJ Enthusiast
Hi all,
Radio and speaker upgrade time. Lots of great posts on powered subs and putting a kicker 6.25 in the console with an amp. Just wondering if anyone has installed quadratec sub?
Also anyone who has installed the metra double din kit... How's the quality? My RME 04 TJ has a silver centre console I'd like to maintain so if I switch over to double din I guess I have to paint match.
Cheers,
G

Metra kit is good quality. Takes bit of prep but can easily be painted. Plan to dip mine actually.

I wouldn’t mess with Quadratec sub when the Kicker 43CWRT672 fits so well and sounds great. Though don’t think factory setup would drive it so would need amp but that isn’t bad idea to help out other speakers too while are upgrading.

Last edited:
Reactions: skrelnik
Quadratec subwoofer is a mistake in that the factory amp that powers the factory subwoofer is probably one of the most low quality pieces of garbage you can get in terms of audio equipment. Ditch the factory subwoofer for a Kicker and a mono-channel amp.

See this thread for a good, cheap setup:

Upgrading the sound system on your Jeep Wrangler TJ

The factory subwoofer sucking isn't just a matter of the subwoofer itself, it's also that the amp powering it is a epic piece of shit, wired in a very poor way. The Quadratec subwoofer will give you very little improvement over stock.

I installed the Quaratec last weekend. I just got a 2001 a couple of weeks ago, and several of the speakers were dry rotted. I needed to do something quick so I could enjoy it, so I replaced the receiver, 4 speakers and the sub-speaker. It was all quick and easy. The factory sub isn't great, but it fills in the sound and helps a lot. This is not a daily driver for me, so it was perfect for now.

I installed the Quaratec last weekend. I just got a 2001 a couple of weeks ago, and several of the speakers were dry rotted. I needed to do something quick so I could enjoy it, so I replaced the receiver, 4 speakers and the sub-speaker. It was all quick and easy. The factory sub isn't great, but it fills in the sound and helps a lot. This is not a daily driver for me, so it was perfect for now.

While a quick and easy fix, that Quadratech subwoofer looks like it costs less to make than to ship - and for the same price you could get a name brand woofer like Kicker, and then even add a mono amplifier to increase sound, if needed.

I agree, the factor sub is not great but it fills a void. Mine is currently turned off as I am gearing up to fit an 8" woofer in the console, a lot of 8"s can fit but you must sacrifice the majority of storage space in the center console.