Quadratec

Don Snelgrove

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2018
Charlotte, NC, USA
I know I was warned several times about them.....But....I just bought a H-Lift Jack and it arrived broken. Shift lever was sheared off in shipping. Their customer service is terrible. They wanted to ship be another POS right out. I said......I just want a refund. The customer service guy couldn't have cared less. Next time I'll listen to you guys.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Remember, if worse comes to worse, you can always file a chargeback with your credit card issuer.

I’ve become quite spoiled due to Amazon’s excellent customer service.

OP
OP
Don Snelgrove

Don Snelgrove

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2018
Charlotte, NC, USA
I was wondering what the height is of the Jeep OEM factory bottle jack ?. My axles are 15" off the ground and was wondering if I should get one. Just returned a Hi_lift jack to Quadratec....what a POS. thanks Don

2000 Jeep TJ with 35" tires

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
I was wondering what the height is of the Jeep OEM factory bottle jack ?. My axles are 15" off the ground and was wondering if I should get one. Just returned a Hi_lift jack to Quadratec....what a POS. thanks Don

2000 Jeep TJ with 35" tires
@Jerry Bransford might know the height of it. I know that the OE bottle jack is highly preferred over a hi-lift jack, and much safer. In addition, it will work up to 35" tires, so you'd be better off getting an OE bottle jack for sure.

Jerry Bransford

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2015
Escondido California
@Jerry Bransford might know the height of it. I know that the OE bottle jack is highly preferred over a hi-lift jack, and much safer. In addition, it will work up to 35" tires, so you'd be better off getting an OE bottle jack for sure.
This is how I use my OE Mopar jack to get my 35's several inches off the ground.. There's enough clearance that it could get a 37" tire off the ground too. Yes at one time my garage had indoor-outdoor carpeting on the floor. That lasted until I did my transmission conversion soaked it with ATF lol.

35OnOEjack.jpg

Last edited:

Travis

TJ Enthusiast
Feb 29, 2016
Clinton, Iowa
There is a Quadratec rep on the forum @Quadratec, he helped me with an issue I had with QT. He handled my problem lickity split with no questions asked. I haven't seen him around here in quite awhile but it may be worth a shot to message him.

Serbonze

TJ Neophyte
Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2015
Florida, USA
I've actually never had a problem with Quadratec. They have provided great discounts, free expedited shipping, and no hassle returns on items that I've gotten duplicates of (as gifts), one item I ordered and decided that I didn't want, and one defective item.

06lj

TJ Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Oregon
I agree with Chris. High-lift jacks are not a very safe. Back in the day, many years ago, when high-lift bumper jacks were oem equipment I had one slip and drop a car. I'd prefer not to repeat that experience.
Now I carry one of these. It takes up a little more room but is a lot more stable than the oem bottle jack. It is also tall enough to lift from the frame so I can use it when doing work on the suspension.

1160455.jpeg

toximus

TJ Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2018
Northern WI
This is how I use my OE Mopar jack to get my 35's several inches off the ground.. There's enough clearance that it could get a 37" tire off the ground too. Yes at one time my garage had indoor-outdoor carpeting on the floor. That lasted until I did my transmission conversion soaked it with ATF lol.

View attachment 50512
I feel like you could even make it work with 40s easily if you used a small block of wood under the jack.

May 25, 2018
Tampa Bay, FL
Lately, I feel like a hi-lift jack is good for a lot of things, except actually lifting. But for the things that it actually does well, I've got a hand-cranked come-along that probably does the job better, and it's portable enough to fit in my long recovery bag.

Donations

Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum's operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members.

Donate

Latest Posts

Ride of the Month

Congratulations to ElectricWizard for winning the December 2018 Ride of the Month!

December 2018 Ride of the Month

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buckeye1996