Quadratec

The biggest issue with military mail I find is that they are a bit rough on handling packages. Flimsy boxes do not fare well. I think it is probably the hub in Bahrain that has some gorillas that are all thumbs.
When I was on the USS ENTERPRISE in the gulf a guy I worked with got a package from his wife. Problem was the package was leaking in the ships post office. That did not go over well.

The sailors at the FPO are fantastic and treat me and my mail with respect. Any issue with damage did not happen on base, it happened in route. In fairness, Amazon packaging is poor quality and often not up to the task.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
My complaint with them is: On orders that claim free shipping, they charge me an arm and a leg to ship. Seems their free shipping does not extend to military deployed personnel using the US postal system. The FPO and APO addresses are the same as sending a package to New York. Maybe they don't like our military? Or maybe they don't like the USPS? Maybe they hate me!

Hey there,

I do apologize to qualify for the free shipping orders would have to be shipped to the lower 48 US states. We do offer a military discount however and I would be happy to look at your account and have that reflected for you. We do thank you for your service. I am looking into seeing what we can do for orders shipping to an APO/FPO/DPO address in the future.

Thank you
Hailey

Hey there,

I do apologize to qualify for the free shipping orders would have to be shipped to the lower 48 US states. We do offer a military discount however and I would be happy to look at your account and have that reflected for you. We do thank you for your service. I am looking into seeing what we can do for orders shipping to an APO/FPO/DPO address in the future.

Thank you
Hailey
Thank you. I just ordered some JKS control arms and was charged almost 200 bucks shipping. The actual burden of the shipper is to get them to NY. APOs and FPOs addresses are the same as shipping in the lower 48. Venders do not pay for the OCONUS portion of the shipping. Ask a veteran who is in your employ and they can explain it to you. I appreciate the thanks for my service, but I'd much rather have free shipping. Please try to work some magic with order #U1140418. I will sing your praises and order more. As it stands, you get about 1% of my business for this reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: MountaineerTom
Thank you. I just ordered some JKS control arms and was charged almost 200 bucks shipping. The actual burden of the shipper is to get them to NY. APOs and FPOs addresses are the same as shipping in the lower 48. Venders do not pay for the OCONUS portion of the shipping. Ask a veteran who is in your employ and they can explain it to you. I appreciate the thanks for my service, but I'd much rather have free shipping. Please try to work some magic with order #U1140418. I will sing your praises and order more. As it stands, you get about 1% of my business for this reason.

Hey there,

Can you please send me a PM and I would be happy to see what I can do with that shipping on that order for you!

Thank you
Hailey

I ordered a simple windshield bar from Besttop that came of an absolutely trashed box without any hardware. It took me 5 weeks to get the hardware. It took 45 minutes of waiting on hold to get them to answer their phone after not even acknowledging the 3 emails I sent to customer "service". Then they said they weren't sure if they had the clips in stock. Then never got back to me... then another 45 minutes on hold only to find out that the previous call was never logged so "no one" knew of my previous call.

I"ll knit a top out of shredded milk cartons before I give them any more business.

Yeah, they really need to work on the packaging. I don't know if FedEx just doesn't give a shit, but my Bumper was WRECKED in transit.
I will say that Bestop was pretty quick to get back to me online. They sent a whole new bumper. So in the end I came out WAY ahead of the game.

Bestop tells me that they DO NOT shrink wrap the bumper boxes. The second one was NOT shrink-wrapped :)

Bump2.jpg

My profound thanks to Hailey at Quadratec. My FPO shipping issue was solved with a quickness and I even got a forum discount I did not know about. Also, I was notified via email that my JKS upper and lower control arms I ordered (I mangled my stock uppers whilst playing, don't ask) shipped immediately. I am utterly delighted. That is spectacular customer service.

I tried to order something from them that I needed immediately. I asked if it's in stock in PA so I can pick it up. They said it wasn't in stock. I ordered and it shipped, from PA, that day.
Quadratec’s main hub is in West Chester Pennsylvania and they do have a small pickup window at that location, I’ve been there countless times. They also ship from several warehouses not in West Chester. My guess is that when they told you it wasn’t available for pickup that just meant it wasn’t in West Chester where customers can pick up in person, it probably shipped from an offsite warehouse.

This company doesn’t get a lot of love on this forum & I’m not really sure why, particularly when compared to some other online retailers & their nonsense. Amazon has been the best of the best in my experience, but they have their limitations when it comes to TJ parts. I’ve purchased a good amount of things over the years from Quadratec and haven’t had any issues, though I share everyone’s disdain for that that bs where you order something only to then find out after you’re done that it’s not in stock, but the simple fix is to just call and ask before ordering it. There have been several occasions where I’ve been in the middle of a project & needed something specific & driven over there to pick it up. Granted most people can’t do that but it’s a huge perk given that it’s 5 minutes from my house.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I tried to order something from them that I needed immediately. I asked if it's in stock in PA so I can pick it up. They said it wasn't in stock. I ordered and it shipped, from PA, that day.

I apologize for the delay in response to this as I missed this. We have two warehouse locations in PA. We have one warehouse in West Chester Pa where our pickup counter is located. We only stock smaller items in this warehouse so we have limited stock of items. The other PA warehouse is located in Chambersburg at a shipping facility where we do not offer pickups from. This is where the majority of our stock is located. Our last warehouse is located in Sparks Nevada.

I do apologize that we did not have that item located in West Chester for pickup however since the other warehouse is in PA and you are local to us you should still see an item that ships from there in a day or two.

Thank you,
Hailey

Reactions: TJ Starting
Yeah, they really need to work on the packaging. I don't know if FedEx just doesn't give a shit, but my Bumper was WRECKED in transit.
I will say that Bestop was pretty quick to get back to me online. They sent a whole new bumper. So in the end I came out WAY ahead of the game.

Bestop tells me that they DO NOT shrink wrap the bumper boxes. The second one was NOT shrink-wrapped :)

View attachment 217614
Shrink wrap is an indicator that the shipping company wrecked the package, then wrapped it to contain the pieces inside. I've had this happen several times with stuff I've bought from different companies, because my local USPS are idiots. With one the box had clearly gotten soaked, and was full of water damage, and they must've used an entire roll of shrink wrap to get it to stay together. It took me 20 minutes of hacking at it with a good knife to get it open. I don't believe there is much a company like Quadratec could do for a situation like this, besides give you a refund if the contents are damaged by the shipping company.

I apologize for the delay in response to this as I missed this. We have two warehouse locations in PA. We have one warehouse in West Chester Pa where our pickup counter is located. We only stock smaller items in this warehouse so we have limited stock of items. The other PA warehouse is located in Chambersburg at a shipping facility where we do not offer pickups from. This is where the majority of our stock is located. Our last warehouse is located in Sparks Nevada.

I do apologize that we did not have that item located in West Chester for pickup however since the other warehouse is in PA and you are local to us you should still see an item that ships from there in a day or two.

Thank you,
Hailey
It seems you are doing a great job Hailey! I am looking in to ordering a number of items for shipping to the UK and have been looking for a US retailler I can rely on. I have just found this thread and based on what I have seen from the issues you have solved recently it seems Quadratec is going to be getting my business when I am ready to order.

Shrink wrap is an indicator that the shipping company wrecked the package, then wrapped it to contain the pieces inside. I've had this happen several times with stuff I've bought from different companies, because my local USPS are idiots. With one the box had clearly gotten soaked, and was full of water damage, and they must've used an entire roll of shrink wrap to get it to stay together. It took me 20 minutes of hacking at it with a good knife to get it open. I don't believe there is much a company like Quadratec could do for a situation like this, besides give you a refund if the contents are damaged by the shipping company.

In the event that an item is damaged during transit we would file a damage claim with the shipping company and if the item has not been damaged that is great. If it was damaged we would always take care of the customer.

Thank you
Hailey

Reactions: jeepguy03
It seems you are doing a great job Hailey! I am looking in to ordering a number of items for shipping to the UK and have been looking for a US retailler I can rely on. I have just found this thread and based on what I have seen from the issues you have solved recently it seems Quadratec is going to be getting my business when I am ready to order.

Thank you! I appreciate that! I would be happy to help with any questions you may have or would like a quote ahead of time. Feel free to send me a PM!

Thank you
Hailey

Reactions: L J
I made the mistake of selling my Truck Lites awhile back and just ordered a new pair off of Quadratec, but only one showed up. 🤦🏼‍♂️. I hope I can get through on the phone

I made the mistake of selling my Truck Lites awhile back and just ordered a new pair off of Quadratec, but only one showed up. 🤦🏼‍♂️. I hope I can get through on the phone
Hey there,

I do apologize and I am sorry to see this. If you have not gotten through on the phone, the hold times are low right now. I would be happy to help here as well if you wanted to send a PM with your name and order number.

Thank you
Hailey

Hey there,

I do apologize and I am sorry to see this. If you have not gotten through on the phone, the hold times are low right now. I would be happy to help here as well if you wanted to send a PM with your name and order number.

Thank you
Hailey
Thanks, PM sent