QuadraTop Adventure Top vs Bestop TrekTop

Kelly F.

Shopping around for a new top, no rush but want the best option for price and quality.
I've found the QuadraTop Adventure Top and the Bestop TrekTop, both of which I really like and are very similar. Anyone have either of these? If so, what's your experience/opinion with either top.

Screenshot_20210323-145158.png

Screenshot_20210323-144851.png

We just bought and installed the Trektop NX and so far its been great. Easy install, good tight fit on the vehicle, and looks really good.

I have been looking for about a month now at Trektops and it seems the Bestop is the best :)
There are more negative reviews on the Quadratop plus you need a non factory header I believe.
Not sure why all these softops cant be made to fit with factory headers tailgate bars and door surrounds?
All the brands are really tight to first fit but both Quaratop and smitty seem to have had some problems with looseish fabric just rear of the soundbar (rollbar) after fitting. This is not from experience but watching loads of Vids and reading reviews.

I am going to go one of 2 ways Cheap Trektop or expensive Trektop, Rampage gets fairly good reviews believe it or not and they are the cheapest.

Buy once or cry twice! Bestop Trektop in Twill unless you swap out soft for hardtop often then you might as well get a Rampage because they are all just Safari tops with removable windows :)

Last edited:
I say Bestop Also, but you could always PM the Quadratec girl on here. I would never buy the Quadra anything anymore.

I have the Bestop on my LJ. It does well but is rather floppy and takes some time to remove/install. I don't have the OE style to compare to.

I have the Bestop on my LJ. It does well but is rather floppy and takes some time to remove/install. I don't have the OE style to compare to.
I think the idea with the trektop is not to take it off and just remove the windows and use the sunrider bit whatever its called?
All the Bestop negatives I have read seem to be about how hard it is to get on and off but it doesnt need to come off unless you swap with hardtop regularly in which case you may as well get the cheap version or safari top and Trail cover.
My though are once I do buy a Trektop my hardtop will never go back on.

Reactions: John Cooper
I have the Bestop and love it. I sold my hard top and purchased the Trek top NX and don't regret it at all!!

Not sure why all these softops cant be made to fit with factory headers tailgate bars and door surrounds?
Some of these tops are protected by patents and supplier agreements. When I bought my replacement top from Bestop, the rep indicated it would be identical to OEM except for the Velcro tab on the rear window that attaches it to the bar is not available aftermarket. That was an extra detail that Bestop made for the original tops only and it seemed accurate. How the header mounts and the door surround designs I’m sure are protected in similar ways.

Reactions: Fishtaco
I have the Bestop and love it. I sold my hard top and purchased the Trek top NX and don't regret it at all!!
Sweet, I just got a hard top and I love it. Will keep it on until it really warms up. Have a soft top now (Rampage) that came with my Jeep, it's ok but really loud and I guess just stretched out. I love the flip top feature with the Bestop TrekTop.

Reactions: John Cooper
I love my Trektop. I take the windows out & run as a bikini top all summer. It was a pain in the ass at first to get them back on but you’ll figure it out. I can get the windows back on in 15 minutes or so.

The main thing I like is that it leaves the area above the rear tire completely open with no frame so my kids/dogs can get in and out easily.

I think the idea with the trektop is not to take it off and just remove the windows and use the sunrider bit whatever its called?
All the Bestop negatives I have read seem to be about how hard it is to get on and off but it doesnt need to come off unless you swap with hardtop regularly in which case you may as well get the cheap version or safari top and Trail cover.
My though are once I do buy a Trektop my hardtop will never go back on.

I'm just referring to removing the windows. The LJ's side widows are very large with the trektop and getting everything lined up and pulled tight is an exercise in strength and patience.

Reactions: AndyG and Fishtaco
I currently have a Quadratop soft top. The quality is low, the fit around the door surrounds is speculative at best, and I am convinced that the zippers were pulled from somebody's trash and applied to my top-they constantly jam, even with regular applications of beeswax. Helpfully, it had these ridiculously large green Quadratop tags sewn everywhere (I carefully removed them with small scissors). I can't recommend anything with this branding.

Reactions: Fishtaco
it had these ridiculously large green Quadratop tags sewn everywhere
I saw on here recently that new Bestop units are shipping with a large "Bestop" lettering stenciled in black just above the rear window.

• Wow
Reactions: Rick Flair
I love my Trektop. I take the windows out & run as a bikini top all summer. It was a pain in the ass at first to get them back on but you’ll figure it out. I can get the windows back on in 15 minutes or so.

The main thing I like is that it leaves the area above the rear tire completely open with no frame so my kids/dogs can get in and out easily.
👍

I'm just referring to removing the windows. The LJ's side widows are very large with the trektop and getting everything lined up and pulled tight is an exercise in strength and patience.
👍

I saw on here recently that new Bestop units are shipping with a large "Bestop" lettering stenciled in black just above the rear window.
Yep, this is true. I pulled the trigger on a Trektop NX during their $100 rebate deal. Only thing is, it's not stenciled in black, it's reflective silver. I said that right....reflective. So even at night, everyone knows you're rockin a Bestop.

Overall though, wow! A very nice fitting top for being aftermarket. Install was actually pretty easy if you follow the video that was put out by JC Whitney on YouTube. I followed it exactly and had no issues. Hardest part is getting the rear corners in as it takes a bit more force than everywhere else. As others have stated, I love the 3-way versatility. Fully enclosed, sunrider option or bikini style!