QuadraTop Premium Sailcloth same as Bestop?

cash

Supporting Member
Time for a new soft top. I have learned here that the Bestop is the most highly recommended. I have also heard that Bestop is the OEM supplier of Jeep soft tops.

In reading about this QuadraTop Premium Sailcloth, it seems very similar and they say, "By partnering with the Exclusive supplier of factory original soft tops on all Jeep Wranglers, we have developed a soft top that delivers the quality and precise fit you want in a replacement top with unsurpassed customer service and support."

So, is this just a rebranded exclusive Bestop for Quadratec for $200 cheaper? It sounds to be very nice from the description. Does anyone here happen to have one to comment on the quality or compare to the Bestop Replace a Top?

Only downside I see is that it only comes in black with tinted windows. Also 3 year warranty instead of 5. I currently have black and was kinda leaning toward "spice" but haven't decided. It is a'97 SE in Moss Green with spice interior.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/11000_2235_07.htm

Time for a new soft top. I have learned here that the Bestop is the most highly recommended. I have also heard that Bestop is the OEM supplier of Jeep soft tops.

In reading about this QuadraTop Premium Sailcloth, it seems very similar and they say, "By partnering with the Exclusive supplier of factory original soft tops on all Jeep Wranglers, we have developed a soft top that delivers the quality and precise fit you want in a replacement top with unsurpassed customer service and support."

So, is this just a rebranded exclusive Bestop for Quadratec for $200 cheaper? It sounds to be very nice from the description. Does anyone here happen to have one to comment on the quality or compare to the Bestop Replace a Top?

Only downside I see is that it only comes in black with tinted windows. Also 3 year warranty instead of 5. I currently have black and was kinda leaning toward "spice" but haven't decided. It is a'97 SE in Moss Green with spice interior.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/11000_2235_07.htm
From several comments posted on the various Jeep forums, it's not the same. Fit not as good primarily, maybe Bestop's rejects for slight quality issues.

Last edited:
Most of these deals are, we'll buy x amount from you at a discount and brand them our own.

Quadratec seem pretty good at this, I have a Magnaflow cat back that is Quadratec branded at a reasonable discount on the Magnaflow version. Muffler is still stamped Magnaflow, instructions that came with the exhaust are for Magnaflow's own version. I'd suggest its just rebranded.

Is this happening with the Bestop Softtop. You'll only know if you purchase one, They definitely wouldn't be seconds, maybe they aren't made by Bestop if there are fit issues? If they were made by Bestop, I can guarantee Bestop would be using the same pattern, it doesn't make sense in a manufacturing environment not too.

Call or email and ask they will tell you, I was asking about one set of their led lights they are made by jw speaker with minor differences and a lot less warranty

Thanks, yes, I did call and they were very nice and helpful. But they acted like they couldn't disclose the exclusive supplier other.

Probably is some sort of deal worked out to discount a certain number, which is perhaps why they only offer one type (black and tinted). Not sure why the fit would be that much different.

Thanks for the replies. If I get one, I will let you know how it fits, but I really have nothing to compare it to except the current worn out one, which I am pretty sure was not the highest quality judging by the zippers and windows.

Guarantee it's a Mastertop. They are using stuff from the same photoshoot as the Mastertop versions and state in the Mastertop descriptions, 'MasterTop Sailcloth Replacement Top fabrics come from the same OE Suppliers that supply Jeep'.

oh wow, interesting. What's the consensus about MasterTops? Good top? I don't usually hear much about them.

My TJ came with the Quadratec top and it is so so . It is in great shape and I don’t drive the Jeep daily so I will live with it for now. I will upgrade to the Besttop when I replace . Shocks and springs are a priority over a slightly floppy top at the moment.

Looking at getting the Bestop Supertop NX which is a vinyl top, or Mastertop Twill for the same price. Bestop only makes the NX is either vinyl or twill with a big price difference between the two.