Quality bumpers

I’m in the market for a new bumper I’m wanting an ARB but I find it that they’re a hit too far on the expensive side I’m a pretty big fan of pre-runner lookin bumper however I find it that a lot of the people that sell them are known for being not long lasting at all any help would be appreciated

7B51DAC9-F939-4EC1-A91B-5DDD16F4E906.jpeg

I should’ve been more clear I’m sorry but I’d like some higher quality manufacturers of the ARB but if there’s other suggestions that aren’t of that style I’d be happy to hear them

I'm no fan of tubular bumpers, they're mostly just for show. This is a Smittybilt...

Smittybilt Bumper.jpg

There is a very competitively priced American made bumper that is very high quality and beefy as hell. I've installed two of them on to my two TJs and always thought they were a great choice. Plus they can make changes to a design if you want them to.

https://www.thedirtworx.com/

I should’ve been more clear I’m sorry but I’d like some higher quality manufacturers of the ARB but if there’s other suggestions that aren’t of that style I’d be happy to hear them

Are you sure that’s an ARB you posted? Looks like a Rugged Ridge.
If you’re not set on that style then two well regarded manufacturers on the forum is Dirtworx and Next Venture.

If aren’t really worried about bumper strength/integrity that style of tube bumper would likely be fine for you, except that the coatings on brands like Rugged Ridge, Smittybilt, etc. are usually crap and won’t hold up long.

I do care about integrity i didn’t know they weren’t very durable, thank you for telling me reckon I would’ve made a pretty bad mistake if I hadn’t asked about it first I’m trying to turn my tj into a decent in between when it comes to a trail rig and a daily

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I do care about integrity i didn’t know they weren’t very durable, thank you for telling me reckon I would’ve made a pretty bad mistake if I hadn’t asked about it first I’m trying to turn my tj into a decent in between when it comes to a trail rig and a daily

I don’t have personal experience with those brands, I’m actually still running the OEM up front. I’m just relaying what I’ve read about others experience with them. (y)

The first things I removed when I bought my Jeep were the hollow tube bumpers. Someone actually gave me $150 for them both. I replaced them with USA made LOD bumpers that still look good after 6 years.
p.s. I had Chinese Shittybilt bumpers on another Jeep I owned. PO installed them.
RED RUBI 2 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Savvy done2.jpg

WHITE ONE2 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Last edited:
You said you want the ARB bumper...which makes me think of this.

20140327_ARB_Jeep_TJ_XJ_Tahuya_150.jpg.webp

Then you post that tubular bumper...what, exactly, are you looking for?

Gonna be tough to find a "good" tube bumper. The warn rock crawler is a good mid to full width bumper. Dirtworks is also a good one. You could get an actual rock crawler bumper (like Motobilt, Next Venture, others). I run the motobilt stubby and I like it pretty well. Definitely minimalist and leaves the fenders open to damage.

szjptS4WHKoXWn7ubDxjLy3AA=w1340-h893-no?authuser=0.jpg

Reactions: John Cooper
You said you want the ARB bumper...which makes me think of this.

20140327_ARB_Jeep_TJ_XJ_Tahuya_150.jpg.webp

Then you post that tubular bumper...what, exactly, are you looking for?

Gonna be tough to find a "good" tube bumper. The warn rock crawler is a good mid to full width bumper. Dirtworks is also a good one. You could get an actual rock crawler bumper (like Motobilt, Next Venture, others). I run the motobilt stubby and I like it pretty well. Definitely minimalist and leaves the fenders open to damage.

View attachment 386654

Yeah I reckon if I get priced out of the arb which I probably will I’m gonna go motobilt

Yeah I did and I’m not gonna question the quality at all they look real sturdy but i just don’t like the look of them

How about the KD Fabworks that I posted. I went with Kurts design over Dirtworx for looks and overall cost, power coating/painting, and little things like winch plate....but for me, it came down to these two brands.