Quarantine Sanity

NYC-TJU

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi all,

Long time lurker and finally a member! Got my 99 TJ Sport back in June and have been slowly bringing her back to her former glory, while also maintaining my sanity during all this craziness. I've never had a jeep before - always been more of a Ford guy - but I have to say this thing has been a blast so far! Love the how easy it is to work on, and love that I can drive it here in NY and not worry about people bumping my steel bumpers when they park!

Got her as a (torn) soft top, 230K miles, with rusted out floors and interior shot to sh#t. Have a list a mile long but slowly checking things off. Multiple projects down, always more to go! Look forward to seeing more of y'all on the road!

20200724_121734.jpg

20200724_180251.jpg

20200724_180302.jpg

20200912_132503.jpg

20201023_143628.jpg

received_221611885666623.jpeg

received_340026413842143.jpeg

received_346114449943605.jpeg

received_917691085364276.jpeg

20200926_184758 (2)_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba and Chris
Welcome from the other coast.
Great color combo on the jeep.
I'm actually a transplant Oregonian - go Ducks! And thank you - i was super excited when I found the pristine hard top on craigslist. It was sitting in some guys garage for years untouched. After i removed 15 yrs worth of spiders, she came out looking great!

Reactions: Tomcat
There's a color combo you don't see too often!

I'm from Oregon as well, born and raised. We moved to Arizona in June.

Oh yeah, absolutely loving it. Is it still major lockdown where you are at?
Yeah not too much going on here. Besides essential employees, the whole city is still pretty much working from home. Bars/restaurants are still 99% outdoor only, with a few having a few tables inside (if room). The misses and myself are moving out of nyc when our lease is up, no need to pay these prices if we can't enjoy the city! Think we're going to end up transferring to North Carolina to buy a house and start the whole making a family shindig

how is the frame? are in NYC?
Yep, NYC. Frame is good - it was professionally redone a yr ago, so really the only solid thing when I got it haha. Tub was ok except the usual floorpan rust, so just cut and weld new ones for that

Yeah not too much going on here. Besides essential employees, the whole city is still pretty much working from home. Bars/restaurants are still 99% outdoor only, with a few having a few tables inside (if room). The misses and myself are moving out of nyc when our lease is up, no need to pay these prices if we can't enjoy the city! Think we're going to end up transferring to North Carolina to buy a house and start the whole making a family shindig

Oh yeah, that outdoor only isn't going to last much longer once winter sets in, especially in NYC :LOL:

I hear you! I've heard a lot of people are leaving NYC (and California) for the same reasons. No sense in paying those prices if you can't enjoy it.

Funny because this is one of the main reasons we left Oregon. That whole state is shutdown basically, and with the home prices being insanely high, we decided to sell and move somewhere where we could enjoy the outdoors more year round.

North Carolina would be a nice place to move. We actually looked heavily at the Carolinas, almost picking South Carolina before we decided on Arizona.

Good move! Long Island re prices are crazy from everyone moving out of the city. My daughter is going to East Carolina Univ and hope she stays there when done....I am not retiring on LI.

Oh yeah, that outdoor only isn't going to last much longer once winter sets in, especially in NYC :LOL:

I hear you! I've heard a lot of people are leaving NYC (and California) for the same reasons. No sense in paying those prices if you can't enjoy it.

Funny because this is one of the main reasons we left Oregon. That whole state is shutdown basically, and with the home prices being insanely high, we decided to sell and move somewhere where we could enjoy the outdoors more year round.

North Carolina would be a nice place to move. We actually looked heavily at the Carolinas, almost picking South Carolina before we decided on Arizona.
Ha - great minds think alike! Glad to hear you're enjoying your move. We're really looking forward to the change of pace/ability to buy our first place eventually. And yeah the last straw for us was my local pub just went out of business because of everything. Without my local watering hole whats the point! 😑

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Ha - great minds think alike! Glad to hear you're enjoying your move. We're really looking forward to the change of pace/ability to buy our first place eventually. And yeah the last straw for us was my local pub just went out of business because of everything. Without my local watering hole whats the point! 😑

Yep, that sucks. I watched a lot of my favorite places go out of business as well. NYC is going to regret what they are doing, because I think ultimately it's going to lead to a huge exodus of people.

Good move! Long Island re prices are crazy from everyone moving out of the city. My daughter is going to East Carolina Univ and hope she stays there when done....I am not retiring on LI.
Yeah with everyone running from the city LI is getting pretty popular! Maybe time to join to exodus to the Carolinas if your daughter decides to stay down there. Its beautiful! (And affordable!)

Yeah with everyone running from the city LI is getting pretty popular! Maybe time to join to exodus to the Carolinas if your daughter decides to stay down there. Its beautiful! (And affordable!)
What is funny is my son graduated from Keene state in nh. He got a last minute teaching job in NH and we had a very hard time getting him an apartment. The RE agent said it was because of all the NYC people leaving their apartments and working from up there.

My wife works for a healthcare company (hip/GHI/Emblem) and does not think they will open their water street office until next summer.

What is funny is my son graduated from Keene state in nh. He got a last minute teaching job in NH and we had a very hard time getting him an apartment. The RE agent said it was because of all the NYC people leaving their apartments and working from up there.

My wife works for a healthcare company (hip/GHI/Emblem) and does not think they will open their water street office until next summer.
Yeah it's pretty crazy. I work for a large media/entertainment company (think iconic mouse 😉) and the murmurs are we're not going back til spring at the earliest.

We actually looked heavily at the Carolinas, almost picking South Carolina before we decided on Arizona.
Smart move. I have lived in upstate SC for 15 years now. I've lived in NM, AZ and Southern Ca - the dry climate is much more to my preference. The humidity here BLOWS!

That said, there is some very nice outdoor stuff to do around here, you just have to deal with the summer humidity.

Reactions: Chris