Question about 98 TJ wrangler

A 98 TJ doesn’t have any PCM problems I am aware off.

But you are aware that a 98 is a TJ, not a YJ?

what does PCM mean ?...never heard of that out here..:thinking:.. unless its means Pretty Cool Machine than my 98/99 TJ has it in spades hehe :cool:

Reactions: StG58
I have a 98 TJ also but mine is a manual. And PCM is still going strong at just shy of 175K miles so far.

Kiwi TJ I believe it stands for Powertrain Control Module, but it is the TJ's brain.

Reactions: StG58
I have a 98 TJ also but mine is a manual. And PCM is still going strong at just shy of 175K miles so far.

Kiwi TJ I believe it stands for Powertrain Control Module, but it is the TJ's brain.
Ahhhh ok that's makes sense now lol my 98 is manual too and going strong. (although the owners PCM is showing signs of wear)

I updated the thread title to say TJ. Haven't heard back from the OP, but I'm assuming he mistook a 98 for a YJ.

Ahhhh ok that's makes sense now lol my 98 is manual too and going strong. (although the owners PCM is showing signs of wear)
Thanks for asking that question Kiwi .... I didn't know either and was hoping someone would ask. :)
Around here, always ask if you don't know or aren't sure. You'll learn waaaaay more bits of arcain trivia and good solid knowledge than you'll ever be interested in, for sure. Plus, it keeps everyone on the same page. This isn't some other Jeep sites.

Oh, '99 SE and the ECM cacked a hairball and needed to be replaced at 100,000 miles. Not typical though.

:yikes:whoa..slow down there @lowranger ...next you'll be telling me that you can walk into a dark room flick a switch and you can see everything !!!