Question about Genright Flak Jacket tub armor install

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So I’ll call them but just curious if anybody knows the answer or has installed these has some insight. I noticed the new version of these no longer has the cut out for the Jeep logo that sticks out on the tub. So does that mean that you have to dent that in for these to sit flush or is that milled out on the backside of the panel. Thanks for the help.

D2199A73-4392-481D-80C2-A76351065B41.jpeg

0BDA676A-38B0-4040-A57B-43B54C870348.jpeg

So I’ll call them but just curious if anybody knows the answer or has installed these has some insight. I noticed the new version of these no longer has the cut out for the Jeep logo that sticks out on the tub. So does that mean that you have to dent that in for these to sit flush or is that milled out on the backside of the panel. Thanks for the help.

View attachment 276460

View attachment 276461
The likelihood of it being milled out is very close to zero.

I guess it looks like the high fenders don't have the cutouts but the std fenders do. Not sure why they would make it w/o the cutouts for one but not the other :unsure: You might try calling them and ask why

I figured but not sure why they eliminated the cut out then
Because the cut out is dumb and actually screws up the other more important locations of stuff like the hinge cut outs etc. when you try to keep the logo centered. It is a much better product without the cut out.

Why? You're making swiss cheese out of the tub anyway, what is a bit of sheet metal dimpling? Literally though, you don't need a mallet. Just bolt them up and they'll push the logo right in.
Hadn’t thought of it that way but you are right. I’ll be drilling a crap ton of holes for the nutserts anyway.

The ones I got earlier this year had the cut for the logo. Blain is right though, I had to mod that cut out and other spots to make everything play nice.
649D200D-0AB9-47B0-A5E3-862B74238CA7.jpeg

Reactions: Rescue6