Question for anyone with 03-06 TJ seats?

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
So I understand that if I use 03-06 seats in my '99 TJ that I need the seat brackets from the 03-06 seats for them to work. Take a look at the bottom of these seats? Is that enough of the 03-06 bracket to work in my '99?

Or better put is that ALL the bracket there is to an 03-06 seats?

It looks like that bracket still needs the fold and tumble bracket that's on my 99. Or am I missing something here?

Is that enough of the 03-06 bracket to work in my '99 TJ? Or do I need more of the 03-06 seat bracket that may be missing? It looks like that bracket would fit on top of the fold and tumble part of my '99 seat brackets. But unsure if that's enough to work.

03 06 seat bracket.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I could answer this one, but I've never done the swap or seen the differences. I would imagine you'd need the complete brackets, but maybe I'm wrong?

The guy selling them says that is all the bracket. So they'd have to bolt to the floor like that and only move forward and back. And then the back would tilt using the side lever on the upper part of the seat.

I wish someone with an 03-06 would chime in here. Pretty please? :)

The guy selling them says that is all the bracket. So they'd have to bolt to the floor like that and only move forward and back. And then the back would tilt using the side lever on the upper part of the seat.

I wish someone with an 03-06 would chime in here. Pretty please? :)

I have a 04 and it doesn't look like yours

When I changed to the 06 seats in my 99 I purchased the complete seat and fold and tumble assembly and they simply bolted in. I did not try to just put the newer seats on my older slider / fold and tumble mounts so I can’t be sure

The 03-06 seats require what you see in that pic AND the heavy seat bracket beneath it. So those seats aren't worth having. As the tumble heavy bracket is $150 each.

Unless someone knows of a universal seat bracket that would work?

That’s not all of it.

Like a few others have said, the photo shows the seat and slider bracket. You are missing the tilt/tumble bracket that bolts to the floor. The black sliders you have in the pic, bolt to the tilt bracket, which then bolts to the floor. Take the photo of the passenger seat pic posted and imagine it on the driver's side, even though the drivers bracket will be a little different.

Ray