Question for RC 4" lift owners

derekmac

TJ Addict
For those of you with a 4" Rough Country lift in your Jeep, I was wondering if you could tell me how much actual lift (spring height installed) it gives in the rear.

The RC website says the lift levels the vehicle, which makes me think they'd give around 3" of lift.

The reason I'm asking is I might be getting the rear springs that someone removed, and I don't want anymore than 3" of lift out of them.

Well I got them last night, and installed them today. Without my spare mounted they gave me 3.5", and with the spare 3". My Jeep has the hard top on and factory rear bumper.

Well I got them last night, and installed them today. Without my spare mounted they gave me 3.5", and with the spare 3". My Jeep has the hard top on and factory rear bumper.
Then you have your answer. It is what it is. The actual lift height is entirely dependent on the weight of the vehicle. Rough County does not know how heavy your Jeep is. :)

Did you raise the pinion? That will add some "secret" lift over stock.

They might also be a little tired. I have a soft top but also a Gobi roof rack which weight almost as much as a hard top and I get exactly 4”. When I measured I also had a full tank of gas and 33” spare on back door....but even if a little tired it sounds like they ended up right where you wanted.....so it’s a win! :)

Reactions: derekmac
Then you have your answer. It is what it is. The actual lift height is entirely dependent on the weight of the vehicle. Rough County does not know how heavy your Jeep is. :)

Did you raise the pinion? That will add some "secret" lift over stock.
No, that they don't. Mine is a basically stock Rubi as far as sprung weight goes. The winch in the front and 35" spare in the back are the only things of any weight. The pinion angle hasn't been touched as I still have stock control arms. Surprisingly no noticeable vibs. :)

They might also be a little tired. I have a soft top but also a Gobi roof rack which weight almost as much as a hard top and I get exactly 4”. When I measured I also had a full tank of gas and 33” spare on back door....but even if a little tired it sounds like they ended up right where you wanted.....so it’s a win! :)
They are I think 5 years old, so they probably have sagged a tad. But yep, they gave me exactly what I wanted, so I'm quite happy. Also can't beat the price of free!! :)

Did the free kit include a small body lift? It would be a good idea to have that for your 35s.

Did the free kit include a small body lift? It would be a good idea to have that for your 35s.
No just the rear springs. I will be ordering a 1.25" BL very soon for it. The front is also at 3", so I'll probably add a 0.5" spacer up front to take a little of the rake out of it. It was sitting level before, but I'd like to have just a bit of rake in it.

Oh I forgot to mention. I emailed RC to ask about their spring heights for their 4" lift kit, and they replied that their front springs provide 4" of lift, and the rear springs provide 3.25" of lift.