Question on OME Lift Kit

How much did you extend you bump stops?
I don't know the measurement but I used the bump stops that were provided in the kit which appeared to be about right for keeping the shocks from bottoming and the 33" tires from hitting the fenders. It really did not occur to me that there might be interference with the JJ on the trackbar. Maybe it should have.

IMO, if you have to extend bump stops to keep the diff from hitting the huge JJ on the trackbar, it's probably not the right trackbar to use with the other parts you are using. I see it as a shortcoming with the DPG kit.

I don't know the measurement but I used the bump stops that were provided in the kit which appeared to be about right for keeping the shocks from bottoming and the 33" tires from hitting the fenders. It really did not occur to me that there might be interference with the JJ on the trackbar. Maybe it should have.

IMO, if you have to extend bump stops to keep the diff from hitting the huge JJ on the trackbar, it's probably not the right trackbar to use with the other parts you are using. I see it as a shortcoming with the DPG kit.

I just find it odd that your tb is making contact. You would think with all the Rubi's out there, that a clearance issue would have been documented by now. I'm also assuming you have a stock diff cover, which makes it even more strange.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
I'm also assuming you have a stock diff cover, which makes it even more strange.
Correct. I tried a couple aftermarket covers and they also hit the JKS trackbar. Again, this is with stock CAs. With the stock cover, the cover does not hit the trackbar. The part that hits is the raised boss to the side of the cover on the front of the diff which is directly below the JJ.

I also looked at the Currie trackbar and it looked like it would have the same issues as the JKS but I think they say up front that it should be used with 4" or taller lifts. I think the JJ is probably why they say that but I could obviously be wrong about that.

Correct. I tried a couple aftermarket covers and they also hit the JKS trackbar. Again, this is with stock CAs. With the stock cover, the cover does not hit the trackbar. The part that hits is the raised boss to the side of the cover on the front of the diff.

I also looked at the Currie trackbar and it looked like it would have the same issues as the JKS but I think they say up front that it should be used with 4" or taller lifts. I think the JJ is probably why they say that but I could obviously be wrong about that.

That is very odd. I am using the Currie and it fits perfectly, no issues.

It is odd that the JKS is hitting. can we get a few pictures of the front end both close and wide angles?

It's not hitting anymore since I replaced the JKS TB with the Metalcloak TB. If I have time when I get home, I'll post some pics. Apparently, I'm not the only one with the issue. See skrelnik's posts.

Also keep in mind we're talking about a 2-2.5" lift. Taller lifts with more bump stop will not have the issue.

Looking back thru my acrchives when I jumped to 32" tires and was cycling my suspension to check for clearance issues. I added 1" bumpstop extensions to keep the 32's off the fenders. The tb was close but still cleared the diff. I can see where a Dana 44 might have an issue if no added bumpstops were there. Still have stock arms at the time.

I run the OME ZJ/LJ (934/949) springs on my LJ hardtop. It sits nice and level and rides great. I went with the ZJ spings in the front since I didn't like the way the factory rake looked. I paired it with Rancho 9000xl shocks. I ended up with 2.5" of lift. That is with a winch and bumper in the front and tire carrier in the rear. I used metalcloaks track bar. I cycled the suspension fully before adding the correct bump stops for my tires and had no interference issues.

Reactions: JMT
@bobthetj03 That is interesting. Is that a Dana 30? And that pic was with stock CAs?

Just looking at the pictures, the JJ on your TB looks smaller than mine. Can you measure the diameter? I still have mine so I'll measure it tonight but from memory, I'm picturing mine as possibly larger than that.

@bobthetj03 That is interesting. Is that a Dana 30? And that pic was with stock CAs?

Just looking at the pictures, the JJ on your TB looks smaller than mine. Can you measure the diameter? I still have mine so I'll measure it tonight but from memory, I'm picturing mine as possibly larger than that.

Yes, Dana 30 and stock arms in that pic. I'll be working on the jeep tonight so I'll get a measurement for you.

So it seems that a Dana 30 and a Dana 44 are probably the same dimensions in that area. So the specific axle type (Dana 30 vs Dana 44) is probably a non-factor. I suppose it's possible that my TB mount on the frame is positioned slightly toward the rear compared to Bob's. It's also possible that when the front axle is pulling in 4wd, the clearance shown in the pics above could disappear. After all, the stock CA bushings are rubber and allow for some movement.

I have no idea when mine made contact. I didn't notice until the steering got really sloppy which was probably a while after the contact occurred.

So it seems that a Dana 30 and a Dana 44 are probably the same dimensions in that area. So the specific axle type (Dana 30 vs Dana 44) is probably a non-factor. I suppose it's possible that my TB mount on the frame is positioned slightly toward the rear compared to Bob's. It's also possible that when the front axle is pulling in 4wd, the clearance shown in the pics above could disappear. After all, the stock CA bushings are rubber and allow for some movement.

I have no idea when mine made contact. I didn't notice until the steering got really sloppy which was probably a while after the contact occurred.

Can you find a consistent measurement for the tb frame mount? Maybe front of mount to center of pitman shaft or frame somewhere? I could get that measurement too.

I bought the Quadratec OME lift for my LJ. Light duty is 932/949 combo. The rake was very apparent. Needs 1" spacer up front to somewhat level it out. Get the heavy.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
I'll be working on the jeep tonight so I'll get a measurement for you.

👍👍👍

The dana 44 is a bigger axle so TB clearance can be an issue. From my research its typically in the center of the diff cover though. I have not heard about it in that specific location. Have you confirmed your axle is centered?

That could be why currie designed their trackbar with the johnny joint offset a bit...

Reactions: bobthetj03
I measured the JJ on my JKS TB last night: 2.5".

My axle is not perfectly centered after installing the new MC TB but it's only off may 1/4" or 3/8" max. It's on my list to recenter it. I believe it was closer to being perfectly centered with the JKS TB.

I am really curious to know what is different since some have clearance and some do not. I'll try to get a measurement for the location of my frame mount tonight if I have time.

I am really curious to know what is different since some have clearance and some do not. I'll try to get a measurement for the location of my frame mount tonight if I have time.

By chance, do you recall what part # JKS tb you recieved? OS125 or OS126?