Questions about 42RLE to NSG370 transmission swap

Unknown

Hi, I have a 2006 wrangler unlimited its an automatic and needs rebuilt but I prefer having a manual. So i figured now is the time to do the swap but I was wondering if anyone has done the 42RLE automatic to NSG370 manual swap? Im trying to figure out what parts have to be swapped at the same time so i can get a list together to price out. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

You'll need the transmission, radiator, possibly the wiring harness (Blaine will know for sure), the PCM from a 2006 with an automatic transmission (though you may be able to enable to automatic transmission portion of yours), pedal cluster, center console trim pieces, shift box, and probably way more than I'm thinking.

Not really worth it IMHO, especially given that in terms of off-roading, the automatic is the better option.

Reactions: rasband
You'll need the transmission, radiator, possibly the wiring harness (Blaine will know for sure), the PCM from a 2006 with an automatic transmission (though you may be able to enable to automatic transmission portion of yours), pedal cluster, center console trim pieces, shift box, and probably way more than I'm thinking.

Not really worth it IMHO, especially given that in terms of off-roading, the automatic is the better option.

I’d probably buy the other (manual), swap in my existing upgrades and sell the old one closer to stock. The change over otherwise would be pretty involved.

Last edited:
I’d probably buy the other (manual), swap in my existing upgrades and sell the old one closer to stock. The change over otherwise would be pretty involved.

I agree. I’m of the mentality that when doing such a large swap, having the complete donor vehicle makes things much easier.

Uhm did I read him backwards or did you? he wants to go from auto to stick, which I would look at a nv4500 or an AX15...so no radiator, pcm, no wiring except for the NSS...

Sorry for the delay on responding I got busy, thanks for the information and suggestions I will be buying a new stock transmission and swapping it myself because its more expensive to have a shop rebuild the current one. Thanks again everyone!