Questions about ARB locker in Dana 35

TJim

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey everyone.

I was wondering if the same locker is used in Dana 35 with 27 axle shafts vs Super 35 with 30 axle shafts.

For example, I found for sale a dana 35 with 27 spline, and arb locker. Is it possible to install 30 spline axle shafts? or do I need to change the locker too?

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if the same locker is used in Dana 35 with 27 axle shafts vs Super 35 with 30 axle shafts.

For example, I found for sale a dana 35 with 27 spline, and arb locker. Is it possible to install 30 spline axle shafts? or do I need to change the locker too?
@TJim
If you look at the end of the axle shaft that goes in the differential you will see the splines that engage in the locker, those parts have to mate on close tolerance so 27 into 27 and 30 into a 30.
If you go this direction, IIRC ARB just made a 30 spline locker version of the Dana 35.

@TJim
If you look at the end of the axle shaft that goes in the differential you will see the splines that engage in the locker, those parts have to mate on close tolerance so 27 into 27 and 30 into a 30.
If you go this direction, IIRC ARB just made a 30 spline locker version of the Dana 35.
yes I know now! haha That's an "old" thread. I figured this stuff after some months of research. haha!

Thanks for the answer though!

Hey everyone.

Get with Ricky @Garza at www.4lowparts.com and get a Revolution Gear Super 35 kit which is available with an ARB Air Locker, Eaton E-Locker, or Detroit Locker... all in 30 spline configurations. Of the two selectables, the E-Locker is less expensive due to it not requiring an air compressor.

Reactions: Ephry73
Get with Ricky @Garza at www.4lowparts.com and get a Revolution Gear Super 35 kit which is available with an ARB Air Locker, Eaton E-Locker, or Detroit Locker... all in 30 spline configurations. Of the two selectables, the E-Locker is less expensive due to it not requiring an air compressor.
I wish I could! I am in Greece though!

I am thinking about selectable. So it's either ARB air locker, or Eaton E-locker. We'll see.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
B, b, bu, but, but I wanted an OX!

B, b, bu, but, but I wanted an OX!
I wasn't going to reply that Ricky at 4LowParts wouldn't touch an Ox locker without checking with him first lol. To quote Ricky's text just received minutes ago on Ox lockers... "You are correct, wouldn't sell them or recommend them." :eek::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba