Questions / advice on how to convince my wife to get a Jeep

Lilbomb

TJ Enthusiast
Ok so i'm moving to Reno, NV in the next few months. My wife drives a 2012 Cadillac SRX and just loves it. I'm trying to convince her that she needs a 4wd vehicle once we get there. She has not been a fan of Jeeps before but saw one on the road the other day and liked it. She's saying she would test drive a few and check them out. I know the ride quality will be the first thing that turns her off, she is used to her plush Cadillac. I know the solid axles will never be as plush but are there lift kits on the newer 4 door Rubicons that are pretty plush?

The other thing I don't want is for this to turn into a Mall Crawler, lol. I am keeping my TJ for taking out and beating up but would love for her to get a nice 4 door that we can still take out every once in awhile and get it dirty. I'm sure we won't buy a brand new one off the lot but I see them at the dealer already lifted and am just wondering if those lift kits are any good? I would most likely buy a used one that is in good shape.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly apprecieted!

Even the stock Unlimited will be a massive change from the SRX. I think the best driving newer Jeep will be one with lightweight stock rims and street tires. If you can't get Her on board with that it's just uphill from there. Rubicons drive worse or rougher with mud-terrains and lifted just adds more weight to the equation when you get bigger tires. If you can sell Her on stock then down the line when She's used to it you can start the upgrades.

Reactions: Lilbomb
Let her keep her Caddy, keep your TJ for trail use, and go out and get another one for the stable.

Apologize for it later.

That's an easy one, just use the 10 method. Tell her a Jeep makes a woman look 10 years younger, 10 lbs lighter and saves you 10% at the Mall.

Hahaha Locky you're a genius.

You could also start casually commenting that her Cadillac reminds you of an old girlfriend

I live just outside of Reno although they do plow the main roads well your going to want either a 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive depending on where you live.

Happy wife, happy life! Is the real reason you want her to switch so you can take it over once she's done with it? 😁

Well qslim, I wouldn't go that far and say I am a genius but you could say something like, extremely smart, very intelligent or it could just be after 32 years of marriage I am just starting to figure things out when dealing with a woman.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Lilbomb
Put a "FOR SALE BY OWNER" sign in her window, and dont ask for permission. That gets the ball rolling then take her to the stealership for a few test drives. The 4 door is big, very big, let her try the 2 door and a gladiator.

Happy wife, happy life! Is the real reason you want her to switch so you can take it over once she's done with it? 😁

Haha, no not really. She has told me to sell the TJ, '65 Mustang and '79 Corvette and just buy a new Rubicon and do whatever I want to it but I'm not selling anything. lol

I want her to have something 4wd just in case she needs it when we move and if I can get her out on the trail behind me and the TJ that would be even better!!

Tell her it comes with this.
download (2).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
You better not tell @KimsJeep that, she may drive purple accented jeep but it does not have eyelashes...yet

LOL, yah, never liked the eyelashes. Tried the angry eye inserts on the headlights when I first got it, but didn't like those. They looked better on the Liberty then the TJ. :D

Be nice. If that doesn't work, be nicer. Open the door to the Jeep for her. Offer to take her out for ice cream. If that doesn't work, well...…...you're screwed.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT