Will these wheels fit my 31X10.50 tires without rubbing?

oldschoolsdime92

TJ Enthusiast
I currently have Eagle alloy 058s in 15x8 with a 3.250 offset. While I like the wheels, I hate the offset. I'm looking at these..

http://www.quadratec.com/p/mamba-offroad/mr1x-wheel

Will these fit with my current 31x10.5 BFG ko2s without any rub issues?

These are not my current tires. Just posting to show how bad the skateboard look really is =)
C2BD6927-44FB-4400-942F-8C3EABE7888B_zpssadmuf68.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI and Chris
Thanks fellas. I just gotta pony up the cash now I'm really tired of a wet road making my windshield look like I'm driving through a monsoon.

Reactions: Chris
I currently have Eagle alloy 058s in 15x8 with a 3.250 offset. While I like the wheels, I hate the offset. I'm looking at these..

http://www.quadratec.com/p/mamba-offroad/mr1x-wheel

Will these fit with my current 31x10.5 BFG ko2s without any rub issues?

These are not my current tires. Just posting to show how bad the skateboard look really is =)
View attachment 9853

Please post a photo if you buy the mamba's. I like the look of those rims. And I agree with everyone else. 4.5 inches of offset would be perfect for a set of 31's.

Really leaning toward the Rubicon xtreme wheels. Only 4.0 back space pics I can find are on a 32x11.5 tire and the coverage is far better on that than my current situation.

If anyone has a 31x10.5 with 4in back space , I'd love to see it.

I like that wheel. I think you should be fine with that backspace.

I run a 33x11.2 (it's metric size so that's what it comes out to) on the factory Moab wheels and mine just barely, barely, barely rub on full lock, but it's not enough to bother me.

I'd like to see how much 4.0 stick out. I hate how far my currents stick out. I've literally caught my foot on the tire walking past it. Damn jeep trying to trip me haha

I hear ya, I have 3.5 BS with 31's and hate it. Constantly flings rock, mud, and crud everywhere. Was looking at wider flares but just don't like any of them. Thinking wheels are the way to go. 4" or 4.5 BS should be perfect with the 31x10.50. You could install a set of Rubicon/Sahara flares with the 4" and be fully covered tire wise.

Post photos once you get them installed, I'm curious to see how they look as well.

[QUOTE

These have 4" backspacing. 15x8 wheels.

I like a little skateboard look....:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the picture. It is kind of difficult to tell at a slight 3/4's view. Do you think the 1" extra flare of the Rubicon fenders are enough to get rid of the skateboard look?

I can get a different pic when I get home tonight. But I think the factory wheels have about 5-5.5" of back spacing, depending on the wheel. So the 1 inch wider flares should cover well.

I can get a different pic when I get home tonight. But I think the factory wheels have about 5-5.5" of back spacing, depending on the wheel. So the 1 inch wider flares should cover well.

I am thinking of replacing my stock 15x8" 5.5"bs "Canyon" wheels for the Quadratec 15x8" 4.0"bs "Rubicon Xtreme" wheels. If everything is correct, it should be the same as putting a 1.5" spacer on my current wheels. I haven't seen too many pictures of the Quadratec wheels on the TJ's. I appreciate your help, thanks.

Reactions: StG58
I'm going to be looking at new wheels and tires as soon as the current ones need replacing.
The PO installed 17" JK take-off's and 1-1/2" spacers and I hate them.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole "backspace / offset" thing.
I know I want to go 15x8, but still trying to figure out the rest. I don't want a skateboard look, but I also don't want to have my jeep look like it will blow over if a strong wind hits. There is a guy that lives near me who installed a huge lift (6"+) under a toyota 4 runner and the tires don't even stick out as far as the fenders, it looks ridiculous.
I have posted this before and it cleared a lot of my questions up, might be helpful to others:
http://www.autoanything.com/wheels-rims/wheel-offset-vs-wheel-backspacing

I am thinking of replacing my stock 15x8" 5.5"bs "Canyon" wheels for the Quadratec 15x8" 4.0"bs "Rubicon Xtreme" wheels. If everything is correct, it should be the same as putting a 1.5" spacer on my current wheels. I haven't seen too many pictures of the Quadratec wheels on the TJ's. I appreciate your help, thanks.
here is a little better pic
backspace.JPG

Thats about perfect. Bout an inch and a half outside the flares. 4" back space

Reactions: StG58