quick question about headlight bezel & headlight screws

Germanshepherd

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
does anyone know offhand if the screws that hold in the bezel are the same as the ones used to hold the actual headlight in place? I believe they are both 15 torx but wondering about the thickness and length.

My jeep is not with me and wanted to place an order for screws and only seeing replacement screws for the bezel. if they are the same screws then I will just by extra bezel screws. I recall seeing that I was missing some bezel and the screws that hold the light in place last time I was looking at the lights. only thing coming up searching are bezel screws only.
if no one knows offhand I'll just buy extra bezel screws as they are not that much. thanks

Last edited:
I think the head of the trim ring screws are a tapered seat and the headlight retainer ring screws are not.

The three bezel screws only hold the bezel. There's a headlight retainer under that that hold the headlight in place. Then there are two barely visible torx-head screws that aim the headlight.

I've got to adjust mine after the Trucklite LED upgrade. I bought a thin-shaft T15 screwdriver as T15 bits are useless once they're chucked into the "fat" adapter on most handles.

Problem is, the adjusters seem to be seized and I don't want to use excessive force. I think they thread into plastic so I'm waiting for warmer weather to give it a go. Anybody run into this problem?

I know this is an old post but it popped up as I was shopping for new bezel screws. This is my recent experience. The screws holding the actual housing were badly rusted and I was lucky to get them out, except for one. Used a t15 screwdriver and tapped it into the heads using the head of another screwdriver and was able to work them loose. I replaced those screws with the ones from the bezel, maybe not the exact same but they fit perfect and are stainless! Same problem with the 3 adjuster screws. Soaked them with PB Blaster, tapped the t15 in and was able to free them with a lot of force. Nothing broke except one retaining ring tab where I couldn't get the screw out.