Radio head unit upgrade options

yassi2000TJ

I want to remove the aftermarket radio and install a stock radio off eBay does any radio will work or does it have to be a specific one like Vin numbers etc?

There is likely a range of stock radios that will work. I think the shape and bezel changed over the years. If you tell us what you are trying to install it in someone will help you. Your profile is not filled in so we have no idea what year Jeep you have.

I want to remove the aftermarket radio and install a stock radio off eBay does any radio will work or does it have to be a specific one like Vin numbers etc?

I used 1 Factory radio out of FLA, they have a good selection and can add aux jacks. Go to the site and plug in the year of your jeep.
Ray

No vins or security or anything. Most 1990s Chrysler radios are perfect fit up to 02.

Better check and make sure the aftermarket installer didn't hack up your stock connectors. If they did, you can get a reverse wire harness for cheap on ebay.

Assuming from your profile name you have a 2000 TJ, so the factory radios that are more square looking will fit.

They came in Jeep Wranglers 1997-2002, Jeep Cherokee XJs 1997-2001, Grand Cherokee ZJ 1993-1998, and several 1990s-2000s Dodge Rams, Dakotas, and mini-vans. Ebay is probably your best bet to find one.

Reactions: tnjeepguy