Raising the height of my TJ without a lift

murtazamh

Want to raise the height of my tj by few inches without lift, what all tire and/or wheel options available for my 2001 jeep wrangler SE ? Any help is appreciated. Currently it got stock tires.

Not a great idea to add larger tires and not have a lift. But if you insist on doing this, don’t go larger than a 31”.

Reactions: Apparition
With no lift or body mods don’t go above 31” tires. I ran those on previous TJ with no issues although should note it was a street tire, street only jeep at time and did have to slightly adjust the steering stops to prevent rubbing at full turn.

I believe some TJ variants came with 30” tires and no suspension or body mods so that really might be best choice for you. I think it still gains around 2”, so 1” clearance, over normal stock tire size.

Reactions: papasjeep
The 4 tire sizes that came on TJs other than the Rubicon models.. 205/75R15 (27.1"), 215/75 R15 (27.7"), 225/75R15(28.3"), or 30X9.50R15 The 30s were optional for the Sahara and Sport models

31's will fit but will rub without a lift during articulation and tight turns even if your springs have not sagged over time. If your springs have sagged 30s will rub during articulation.

Reactions: Hog
Body lift or coil spacers. I did coil spacers one time and thought they caused the rig to rid rougher. Imo

With no lift or body mods don’t go above 31” tires. I ran those on previous TJ with no issues although should note it was a street tire, street only jeep at time and did have to slightly adjust the steering stops to prevent rubbing at full turn.

I believe some TJ variants came with 30” tires and no suspension or body mods so that really might be best choice for you. I think it still gains around 2”, so 1” clearance, over normal stock tire size.
Thanks @sourbluff

My 2 inch BB and 32’s work well, I have a Rubicon so I didn’t have to do much else. Going forward I’m looking at 2 inch springs and will get adjustable controls arms when my OME need replacing.
I don’t think 32s will go well with your SE.

My 2 inch BB and 32’s work well, I have a Rubicon so I didn’t have to do much else. Going forward I’m looking at 2 inch springs and will get adjustable controls arms when my OME need replacing.
I don’t think 32s will go well with your SE.

Quit showing off, "Sure skids a lot"!

Wait, edit: "Sir skids a lot"! Too many beers!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Alex01
Thanks Alex, I didnt knew about budget boost, will explore that option

I started with Rancho 5000x shocks at $200 and a 2" budget boost at $50 to make the 31" tire the Jeep came with actually work. It's not a bad setup for $250 and you're in a good place to upgrade to a 2.5" lift with EMU springs if the bug ever hits you. I don't think anyone here would tell you Rancho/EMU with 31"s isn't a solid setup.