Rampage Jeep 68835 Complete top with frame

Mrriverajr

Hey I just purchased the Rampage top for my 98 TJ. I have to remove the hard top to install it. Does anyone have any tips on installing the new soft top? Anything I should look out for?

Or is it pretty straight forward?

Two helpful tips:

1) Make sure it's really hot out. Trying to install the hard top when it's cold out is a son of a bitch.
2) Get a screw hook like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PG81AXM/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The larger the handle the better. Put the hook end into the window zippers, then pull them up with the handle (screw) end of it. It makes it 20 times easier than attempting to do it with your hands (which is a royal pain in the butt).

Lastly, remember that as the top breaks in, it will get easier to take on and off. But the first few times you put it on, it will be snug as hell!

I hate to ask this but is anyone willing to part with a 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler tj oem soft top. I bought a bestop super top and I hate it. Would anyone be willing to willing to part ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be willing to buy and trade. I hate it because when you take it down and put it up you have to put the top in the header bar. It has a rubber seal around the top part of the top and it's a pain in the butt to put it in.i liked the quickness of the oem top. The top works fine but if I had to trade I would need the oem frame and top.

No I didn't have the cash for the tinted windows so they are clear the back is a little bit scratch because of general usage but the top it self is in great shape and so is the frame.

I would have to get tinted windows but thanks anyways. I watched a youtube video on how to properly install that top. Watch it and take their advice. Maybe it will make working with the top easier for you.