Random hole in gauge cluster

Jeepersteve71

TJ Enthusiast
I know this is probably a long shot but this hole looks factory to me. Does anyone know what would have been installed here? I say it looks factory because I don’t even think I could made a hole that clean in the dash if it were me trying to do it lol. 05 LJR

8FEB1A38-9473-4C71-B6B6-32F08DBC5982.jpeg

It’s not factory, first I’ve ever seen a hole there. Maybe they had an alarm system with an LED light mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s what I was thinking. I think I’m going to put a Bluetooth head deck in sometime in the future and try to install the mic in that spot somehow.
My mic is to the right of my rear view mirror, but yea that would be a good spot for one also. That hole does look clean tho, almost like it had something there. Would the PO maybe be able to shed some light on it for you?

My mic is to the right of my rear view mirror, but yea that would be a good spot for one also. That hole does look clean tho, almost like it had something there. Would the PO maybe be able to shed some light on it for you?
I’m saying it has to be an aftermarket alarm installed from the dealership back in the day. I might look on amazon at some different mic options and just reuse the hole. Will look like I did it on purpose lol.