Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Last night I think I saw an UFO leaving a hole in the clouds while crossing the sky using some kind of magnetohydrodynamic propulsion system... Either that or the moon just before the storm

DSC06913-2.jpg

Owen and I spent last Saturday at the Chicago edition of the International Motorcycle Show. This was Owen when I got him home.
View attachment 272623

Zonked, even though it was raining.
haha love it...my 17 yo falls asleep in the jeep top down, doors off ...and it doesn't have to be that warm either......
I swear the saying of ' she'd sleep on a clothes line' was made about her haha

Leaving my office yesterday I noticed that weeds were popping out of the foundation in a bunch of areas so this morning I tossed my new to me battery powered Ryobi weed whacker in the car thinking I’d knock them out in 2 minutes before work. Our building is in the city so we have no grass or other landscaping needs so we have no one for that purpose, not a big deal given how rarely we need anything like this.

I was maybe 5 minutes away from my office when I hit a bump & the weed whacker shifted just right to hit something & pull the trigger & that thing lit up full tilt, at first I had no idea what the fuck was happening, took a couple seconds for me to comprehend what the noise was then another 30 seconds to find a place to pull over & run around the car to open the door where the trigger was & kill it.

I had no idea what the business end was chewing up the whole time but when I popped the rear hatch I figured it out, this bag was right next to the spool, other than that it was just the rubber mat in the rear of the Subie. Seems like this is more like something that would happen on a Monday

IMG_9577.JPG
IMG_9578.JPG

Guess I coulda taken the battery out before tossing it in the car, proving once again you're never too old to be a dumbass.

Among other things, I collect pressure lanterns. Mostly Coleman but anything from the early 1900s through the seventies. The weirder, the better. Below is a modified Coleman 242C, dated September 1944, that I found in Idaho Springs, CO earlier this week.

51423692736_d2c3c30c05_z.jpg

These were built for the military and many ended up in civilian use after WWII. This one has had the hand pump replaced with a Schrader valve for use with a tire pump. The correct pump for this is rarer than rocking horse poop, so I will leave it like it is.

After rolling a graded rural road some years ago this thing turned up at lunch and sat with us? I was feeding it Chips lol
Scary at first as the males can be quite aggressive. Somebody must have hand reared this Kanga and released it back into the bush as it was with lots of others who came nowhere near us.

WP_20131010_013.jpg

WP_20131010_014.jpg

Last edited: