Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

The HK MK23 is not your average HK. This is the AK-47 of handguns. You could take it through hell and back and it would work still. Run it over with a bulldozer, fill it with sand... this thing will never jam up on you and always fire. Read the history of the MK23 and you’ll see why special forces adopted it.
That thing is huge...its like an even dirtier Harry lol..
You'd need MC Hammer pants to conceal that down the front of them. lol

The HK MK23 is not your average HK. This is the AK-47 of handguns. You could take it through hell and back and it would work still. Run it over with a bulldozer, fill it with sand... this thing will never jam up on you and always fire. Read the history of the MK23 and you’ll see why special forces adopted it.
Trust me I know ;) im just wondering if you like it. Many militaries have adopted HK platforms. They are wonderful pistols. I'm just surprised my friend had any jams with even one HK as it's practically unheard of for any HK gun to malfunction let alone the fact that all three of his failed to feed with 6 differnt commercial ammo types and many differnt HK brand mags. I figured he was just limp wristing it but I had a bunch too.

Was that your HK in the picture?

Trust me I know ;) im just wondering if you like it. Many militaries have adopted HK platforms. They are wonderful pistols. I'm just surprised my friend had any jams with even one HK as it's practically unheard of for any HK gun to malfunction let alone the fact that all three of his failed to feed with 6 differnt commercial ammo types and many differnt HK brand mags. I figured he was just limp wristing it but I had a bunch too.

Was that your HK in the picture?

No, that wasn't mine.

But it sounds like you know about the MK23 then... I wasn't sure. I've read all the tests that HK had to put these things through to win the contract with SOCOM, it's insane. It may just be the most rugged handgun out there. Like I said, it's the AK of handguns. It's also very, very accurate. I was impressed at how accurate it is actually.

The only downfall as you know is that they're quite big. Like I said though, not a defensive handgun at all, this thing is an offensive handgun 100%.

Reactions: Tj04
That thing is huge...its like an even dirtier Harry lol..
You'd need MC Hammer pants to conceal that down the front of them. lol

I know, it really is a big handgun! It's so cool though. I remember wanting one ever since I placed the first Metal Gear Solid game back in middle school!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
No, that wasn't mine.

But it sounds like you know about the MK23 then... I wasn't sure. I've read all the tests that HK had to put these things through to win the contract with SOCOM, it's insane. It may just be the most rugged handgun out there. Like I said, it's the AK of handguns. It's also very, very accurate. I was impressed at how accurate it is actually.

The only downfall as you know is that they're quite big. Like I said though, not a defensive handgun at all, this thing is an offensive handgun 100%.
Absolutely. Glad you like it!

Reactions: Chris
Although you should get a suppressor and the laser. Only a $200 tax stamp. Not too bad.

Turn it into a mk23 mod0 and it would be even bigger and cooler!

I'm a 1911 guy and that's the only gun I like more. It's basically just an updated 1911.

Happen to know... can you fire 45 super through them? I know they are plus p rated but 45 super is insane in my opinion. That's what I'll likely carry in my 1911

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
I know, it really is a big handgun! It's so cool though. I remember wanting one ever since I placed the first Metal Gear Solid game back in middle school!
I remember that too...its the type of gun you don't need ammo for...just the sight of it would be enough.:eek:

Although you should get a suppressor and the laser. Only a $200 tax stamp. Not too bad.

I'm a 1911 guy and that's the only gun I like more. It's basically just an updated 1911.

Happen to know... can you fire 45 super through them? I know they are plus p rated but 45 super is insane in my opinion. That's what I'll likely carry in my 1911

Oh, I'm a 1911 guy all the way too! I'm not sure if you can fire 45 super through them to be honest... I should Google that.

I wouldn't be surprised honestly. The barrel on the MK23 is what makes it so indestructible.

Oh, I'm a 1911 guy all the way too! I'm not sure if you can fire 45 super through them to be honest... I should Google that.

I wouldn't be surprised honestly. The barrel on the MK23 is what makes it so indestructible.
Since you said your a 1911 guy are you familiar with the MEU SOC line of hand built 1911s for marine recon elements?
image.jpg

Here's my clone of a Variant 1. (Some of the parts aren't made anymore so I had to make due. The OD frame is more grey than green like it looks in the picture.) I built this last semester for class and have had 950 rounds no jams. Pretty good for a first try too right?

Mostly Colt parts, Caspian frame, Wilson66/Clark 180 beaver tail grip safety, couldn't find a kings 201a manual ambi safety for less then 200 bucks so I had to go with a kimber one. I've got a matching usgi barrel as well got both mint new in the wrapper covered in cosmoline (pretty penny was payed for that.) and will switch to Bar sto barrel when It's shot out.

Since you said your a 1911 guy are you familiar with the MEU SOC line of hand built 1911s for marine recon elements?
View attachment 22906
Here's my clone of a Variant 1. (Some of the parts aren't made anymore so I had to make due. The OD frame is more grey than green like it looks in the picture.) I built this last semester for class and have had 950 rounds no jams. Pretty good for a first try too right?

Mostly Colt parts, Caspian frame, Wilson66/Clark 180 beaver tail grip safety, couldn't find a kings 201a manual ambi safety for less then 200 bucks so I had to go with a kimber one. I've got a matching usgi barrel as well got both mint new in the wrapper covered in cosmoline (pretty penny was payed for that.) and will switch to Bar sto barrel when It's shot out.

I wasn't familiar with that one, but it sure does look awesome, that's for sure. One thing I always liked about the 1911 is that they're all metal. There's something about holding a gun that's made out of metal instead of plastic... you know?

I've got one of these things at the present:
http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

I thought even 45 +P was a no no in a 1911, because of the unsupported chamber...you going to go w with an integrated feed ramp, like they do for 9 mm 1911's?

I wasn't familiar with that one, but it sure does look awesome, that's for sure. One thing I always liked about the 1911 is that they're all metal. There's something about holding a gun that's made out of metal instead of plastic... you know?

I've got one of these things at the present:
http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html
Ooooo the ruger 1911s I am a huge fan of. Very solid pistols. If I ever bought one at a store instead of hand building one it will be a
Ruger.

Nothing compared to an old world steel gun that has been used for 70 years in the military. As far as I'm aware no handgun has stopped more bad guys than a good old 1911.

I hold my friends glocks and the frame flexes at the mag well and I kinda snicker to myself inside. Those things are proven but boy does it feel shitty in my hand. Racking the slide on a glock, they feel broken. Not a smooth cycle by any means. Like I said though those guns work exceptionally well too!

The HK polymer used feels substantially more solid as well.

You've got a great taste in guns.

You've got a great taste in guns.

You too! My favorite are revolvers though... There's nothing I love more than a good revolver. Not sure what it is, but I just love that old "classic" feel.

And as far as Ruger goes, I try to buy almost all Ruger guns. I've had such good luck with them, and Ruger is awesome in terms of customer service and reliability in my book. They build some fine weapons, that's for sure.

Reactions: Tj04
I thought even 45 +P was a no no in a 1911, because of the unsupported chamber...you going to go w with an integrated feed ramp, like they do for 9 mm 1911's?

Depends on the barrel brand. Some have more case support than others. My usgi barrel seems to have enough. I've only fired a box of plus p, but it's been fine. Early gen glocks too have really bad case support and the 40 and 10mm ones frequently kB.

The 45 is a lower pressure round so it's less common but that is a valid point. I'll do some research and report back at some point or pm you about it if you want

From my understanding and what I've been told by instructors is basically just change the springs and add a shock buffer to the 1911 and they are pretty much good to go with +p

You too! My favorite are revolvers though... There's nothing I love more than a good revolver. Not sure what it is, but I just love that old "classic" feel.

And as far as Ruger goes, I try to buy almost all Ruger guns. I've had such good luck with them, and Ruger is awesome in terms of customer service and reliability in my book. They build some fine weapons, that's for sure.
ruger security six. Favorite revolver ever. Then a smith and Wesson 66/19. None of the new Smiths with crap MIM parts.

My fiancée just got a ruger lcp in purple. Only complaint is the plastic frame is very very thin. I guess it's just a .380 though.