Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Is it any good? Or is it just glorified Night Train?

Reviews seem good, for whatever that is worth.

1C80EB93-8DDC-4519-B337-D97B6265C48F.png

Reactions: B252
How about this strange piece of machinery. Saw this in town today and after I picked up some ammo at Cal-Ranch, I was able to find it in a adjacent parking lot. I saw it up close before it made a right turn and had to track it down.

View attachment 389732

If they where going for unique….nailed it! That takes a special individual to create/drive that.

For @Squatch - after about a 3 month dry spell, where I built inventory to 5 on hand, finally sold a sistrum:

View attachment 391725

The buyer opted for the scarab cartouche, one of my less popular options. I used my last pair on this one, had to order more!

Why is the scarab cartouche not a popular option? I would think that as hard as a handmade sistrum would be to find (I assume), that a potential customer would likely want one with all the bells and whistles (and scarab cartouches) they could find. :unsure:

Reactions: ColoJeep
For @Squatch - after about a 3 month dry spell, where I built inventory to 5 on hand, finally sold a sistrum:

View attachment 391725

The buyer opted for the scarab cartouche, one of my less popular options. I used my last pair on this one, had to order more!

Nice work Zorba ! Not that I know a damn thing about a sistrum ! But it looks good and must jiggle jiggle.

Why is the scarab cartouche not a popular option? I would think that as hard as a handmade sistrum would be to find (I assume), that a potential customer would likely want one with all the bells and whistles (and scarab cartouches) they could find. :unsure:

I dunno - The Goddess Isis is, by far, the most popular. Its traditional to have the Goddess Hathor on one, but I haven't been able to find any suitable Hathor stampings, so Isis is the next best thing. Hamsa is popular as well.

Reactions: Squatch
Well I really learned something today. Thanks Man !

Glad ya liked it. I like learning new and obscure things myself - and Sistra are pretty obscure! Leave it to me to get interested in making the darn things - which reminds me, I need to make another batch of bustle pillows for sale, another obscure thing I got into.

Found this in the yard and a fresh hole nearby. Not sure if the plan was to burry it but looks like the breast meat eaten off it. Assuming a fox but who knows.

F5557686-8C67-4BCB-879C-317285E84D9B.jpeg

A82184F6-4CB9-4B40-B447-B3935665E04C.jpeg

27E24F19-CE00-4E8A-B7D1-2F8CC0E332BD.jpeg

Reactions: reddvltj