Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Ok, what's a Tucker?
b273d7a3c63c42f25dc184f12d336062.jpg

The Tucker 48. A guy in the late 40's tried to start his own car company. Had some pretty clever design features, but ultimately the big three pushed him out of business.

here is the Wiki Page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_48

Reactions: Mike_H
Thought the Empire was in decline. Doesn't look that way to me after seeing those images
That’s still there but all the building and roads have changed a lot over the last 7 years. The RAF museum in Hendon is really good to but often overlooked because it not so central.

That would be nice to see. Kinda lucky here in Western Canada for aircraft displays/museums but ya have to travel. Edmonton has a nice museum with period aircraft that helped open up our north as well as some WW2 models. Wetaskawin about a hour or so has a nice display at the reynolds museum. My favorite fighter (the unsung hero of the BoBritian) The Hawker Hurricane is there. We have a place called Nanton just south of Calgary were they (Society of volunteers) took a Lanchaster bomber off of a static display post and are restoring it to flying condition. yes I got to walk/bent over crawl through it. What a blast definitely put things into perspective when you get to do that. Also got to do a walk in on a B17 that was flying around USA and Canada offering rides and tours through it. Awesome. Just think the balls those flyboys had back then. Imagine a FW 190 flying at you as you pound away with your .50 cal and that very thin sheet of metal seperating you and the outside world. What a shiver that sent up my spine. And the respect I gained for those men back then grew. Good enough to look at things on youtube but to actually crawl in and touch things, was just awe inspiring.
Sorry for the many words but got carried away. :)