Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Geeking out!... Adding another Pi touchscreen & HiFi Berry DAC (TV/Music)
IMG_1220.JPG

Reactions: Shatto
I am about a mouse click away from getting into the R Pi world. I use Mint in Parallels on my MacBook but a standalone, headless Pi for some 'always on' work is becoming very appealing.

These things are stupid simple. I understand they're releasing POE hat board soon https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/poe-hat/ (Of course you'll need an injector) but for those without ac power @ location this gives some flexibility. The past I ran Raspbian just cuz it was cool, now content with kodi.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not that simple. Once assembled (Easy part) there's some cmd line config needed to match AVS. Also had some sync issues and some popping noise that's now been resolved.

Last edited:
Reactions: TomT509
These things are stupid simple. I understand they're releasing POE hat board
Cool... that would sell.

Power not a problem for me as my planned use would be a headless Pi connected to my home wifi or iPhone personal hotspot and used to run digital modes software for ham radio. Leave it connected to my radio and then I would connect to it with my iPad via ssh and vnc to run the app(s). No need for laptop etc.... very portable, lightweight, low power. As you posted above, geeky for sure. But fun.

Abandoned military housing in Fort Ord, Marina.
View attachment 23898
I live on a part of the old Fort Ord, just East of Marina. There are so many cool old buildings here. There is an old bunker and firing range about 1/4 mile from my house. This is a picture taken from my yard July 2017. The Army Corp of Engineers performs controlled burns on portions of the old fort in order to go through with side bar sonar to find unexploded ordinance. This fire was in an area called Machine Gun Flats. All of the wooded area in the picture is part of the Fort Ord National Monument.

Fonz

Controlled Burn.jpg

Last edited: