Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

My youngest took some great panoramic shots today of the West Coast of Auckland and the uninhabited Gannett colony.....
muri1.JPG
muri2.JPG

your a lucky man ...That would be a blast.

It was! We were supposed to stay below 70 mph and stay behind the pace car. There were 5 or 6 vehicles in front of me and they took off a little before me because I was turning on an small action camera that I had suction cupped to the rear passenger fender. I had a little ground to make up to catch up with the rest of them. I got to about 84 mph for 1 lap. It was a blast. My wife was in the passenger’s seat; she loved it and was terrified at the same time. LOL

Charlotte Motor Speedway next month in a real race car for about 20 minutes. :D

Reactions: MikeM and Kiwi TJ
It was! We were supposed to stay below 70 mph and stay behind the pace car. There were 5 or 6 vehicles in front of me and they took off a little before me because I was turning on an small action camera that I had suction cupped to the rear passenger fender. I had a little ground to make up to catch up with the rest of them. I got to about 84 mph for 1 lap. It was a blast. My wife was in the passenger’s seat; she loved it and was terrified at the same time. LOL

Charlotte Motor Speedway next month in a real race car for about 20 minutes. :D
will you be driving the race car at Charlotte ?

will you be driving the race car at Charlotte ?

Yes. My youngest son got me a package at the Richard Petty Driving Experience for my birthday. Have to go though a class, then get 8 minutes on the track, a pit stop, then 8 more minutes on the track. The cars are detuned some so it’s not flat out like real NASCAR drivers drive, but a friend of mine did it a few years ago and said his top speed was around 150 mph. I’ve been to a lot of races at Charlotte ( and Darlington, where the previous pics were taken) but never got to do anything like either of these.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Yes. My youngest son got me a package at the Richard Petty Driving Experience for my birthday. Have to go though a class, then get 8 minutes on the track, a pit stop, then 8 more minutes on the track. The cars are detuned some so it’s not flat out like real NASCAR drivers drive, but a friend of mine did it a few years ago and said his top speed was around 150 mph. I’ve been to a lot of races at Charlotte ( and Darlington, where the previous pics were taken) but never got to do anything like either of these.
Great birthday present from your Favourite son ;) 150mph on a Nascar track is still a bucket list thing. I bet you'll never look at those tracks the same again

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Found this in the backyard this morning occupants already gone, The little hummingbirds love to steal pieces of fiber insulation for nest building from the top of my ceramic kiln super cute watching them flying all around. Here’s a little deluxe bungalow warm and cozy complete with a feather door.

A44CC898-2261-4654-B9E2-DE12227F3F27.jpeg

I have some dragonflies that follow me around when I mow grass.

I think it’s funny how women LOVE dragonflies, but most don’t know that they are actually pretty ruthless killers. LOL

Reactions: Kiwi TJ