Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

To me it's so cool to look up the canyon from the valley floor and not really see that a mine is up there.
But once I get to the mines and look back down canyon, (like in your pic) it's like wow.
Have you been to the Defense Mine?

Reactions: DrDmoney
To me it's so cool to look up the canyon from the valley floor and not really see that a mine is up there.
But once I get to the mines and look back down canyon, (like in your pic) it's like wow.
Have you been to the Defense Mine?
I have not but the wife and I are going down there the end of February with quads.

Reactions: alittleoff
I've run it several times during Panamint Valley Days with Cal4Wheel in November.
Isham Canyon is another good one, it changes every season.
My Wife and I usually spend a day and drive out to Stovepipe Wells and Furnace creek to do some shoplifting.
It's really cool to see and hear the wing nuts flying out of China Lake when they make a low pass over us on Slate Rd.
But I miss Andy's RuffPit Cafe for breakfast and the pit BBQ for dinner.

IMG_1606.JPG

Alberta huckleberries . . . . . a grizzly was enjoying the same berry patch. I didn't see him right away. He snorted and stood up to have a better look at me - the intruder. He was about 80 yards away or more realistically about 6 seconds away. The pic was taken before Mr. G-bear was so rudely interrupted.

The inside of a the Gantry of a CT Scanner. Siemens 64 slice to be precise. All brands are pretty much the same inside just with a few differences. Siemens are liquid cooled with glycol (at least this model is), GE are air cooled. The slip ring holds the xray tube and detector and spins around your body during the scan multiple times per second.

IMG_20190205_141347.jpg

D54861A6-2912-42EF-965B-347C0FC0347F.jpeg

This is my cousin and aunt and uncle obviously in 84 doing the rubicon in my uncles Willy’s.. I ran across the poster this Christmas when I was visiting family.. I remember that poster in his room when I was 11 and thought it was the coolest thing ever

I’ve been through it but not to it.
A lot of interesting old mines and buildings out there. They say Mina is a dieing ghost town. Not much left there now, a bar several homes an RV park. There was a fixer up home for sale there on two "city blocks" for $12,000. There is someone's chance for the American dream to own your own home. Oh....and there is a volunteer fire department there. The closest gas station is about 35 miles away.
We have been twice for their annual poker run fund raiser. We went This last year in 2019. Stayed in the RV park and drove our side by sides in town to the volunteer fire department and then for the BBQ at the end of the Poker Run.

What’s so odd about it? Its built for a specific terrain/hobby.
Currie supports the XJ and TJ guys who choose to convert to 2wd and race/run the desert scene and desert dunes.
https://www.currieenterprises.com/CE-0003B
Oddly enough, a lot of guys who lift their Jeeps dont even take them off road, so this is a smarter route if approached from a different angle thinking wise.
That is odd.