Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

6F2C6A9A-6C2A-487A-8399-321895863E5B.jpeg
DECFA26F-70E4-4731-AB33-960D95689D96.jpeg
F8CB698A-2B9C-49C2-B748-829171A1CBDD.jpeg
4FC387FE-050E-421D-8D13-AC05E61E09E4.jpeg
7EBAA657-0EBC-4E27-8C2C-F57D37348C02.jpeg
089D4558-04DF-45F1-8396-5A024F494091.jpeg
43A2335F-FA08-44FA-BDD6-0472B9C22EEB.jpeg

Came across that hiking in Sedona last weekend; thought for a minute I'd teleported to Area 51 or Roswell for an alien autopsy! :alien:
If random paddles off of a prickly pear cactus are evidence of aliens, then it is no wonder that Roswell went batshit looney over it. They are found all over that area and then some. That said, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that it is all just tourism bullshit. I grew up there and one thing about that part of the world is no one can keep a secret and gossip is the #1 sport. If there was anything alien that ever was in the area, no one would be able to keep that secret. I was born, raised, grown and gone 20 years before there was any mention of alien anything. Given that Dr. Goddard tested his rockets in the area with nary a rumor to anything alien concerning him and his flying bombs, even the gossip mills were lacking imagination until some bullshit book came out.

Reactions: DaveC
If random paddles off of a prickly pear cactus are evidence of aliens, then it is no wonder that Roswell went batshit looney over it. They are found all over that area and then some. That said, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that it is all just tourism bullshit. I grew up there and one thing about that part of the world is no one can keep a secret and gossip is the #1 sport. If there was anything alien that ever was in the area, no one would be able to keep that secret. I was born, raised, grown and gone 20 years before there was any mention of alien anything. Given that Dr. Goddard tested his rockets in the area with nary a rumor to anything alien concerning him and his flying bombs, even the gossip mills were lacking imagination until some bullshit book came out.
It’s funny now that everyone has a camera in their pocket, ufo sightings are not as “popular,” as they once were.

Reactions: lowranger and DaveC
It’s funny now that everyone has a camera in their pocket, ufo sightings are not as “popular,” as they once were.
I still see quite a bit about UFO's. I see very little about aliens now.

They've been launching rockets near sunset from Vandenberg for decades and the smoke trails still freak folks out.

Reactions: DaveC