Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

I thought it was a Duece, but then I started thinking that the coupes had suicide doors. Now I remember that the 3-window coupes had the suicides, and the 5-window coupes had the conventional doors. Man, I'm slipping. Thanks, Kiwi!
haha I thought you were testing me !!!

Reactions: Squatch
Another car show....

Pic #1) Hemi, with six Strombergs (I believe), spider/spyder caps, and Buick finned drum brakes. Love the homemade headers!
Pic #2) 1948 Chevy Fleetline Aerosedan. Very stylish!
Pic #3) If you look closely at the sedan in the middle, it appears to have a "W" motor in there. That'd be a Chevy 348/409 motor. Hell, yeah!!!
Pic #4) There's a Buick nailhead hiding under that bonnet! Love the color, too!
Pic #5) A pair of Dueces, with one having received a tasteful chop to its lid.

Damn, Kiwi! You guys sure know how it's done, over there!!! 🆒(y)

Reactions: Head Lice
Pic #1) Hemi, with six Strombergs (I believe), spider/spyder caps, and Buick finned drum brakes. Love the homemade headers!
Pic #3) If you look closely at the sedan in the middle, it appears to have a "W" motor in there. That'd be a Chevy 348/409 motor. Hell, yeah!!!

I knew these would appeal to you mate......

Was just going to do a post on these observations . . . a test for you Squatch !
You beat me to it buddy !
Classic power there . . . . Hemi, Nailhead, and the 'W' . . . others would be Y-block Ford, Flattie Ford, maybe a big Cadillac/multi carb'd, or for something a little different - cross rammed Wedge. :giggle:🆒

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and Kiwi TJ
Was just going to do a post on these observations . . . a test for you Squatch !
Classic power there . . . . Hemi, Nailhead, and the 'W' . . . others would be Y-block Ford, Flattie Ford, maybe a big Cadillac/multi carb'd, or for something a little different - cross rammed Wedge. :giggle:🆒
I was wondering who would comment first our of your two lol...I tried to take a few different options to show you all a variety we get out here.

Reactions: Squatch
I just love the looks of the "W" motors, though the Nailhead is the oddest of them all. I always think of someone laying some valvecovers on the floor, with an intake and carb between 'em. The look just fascinates me. And of course, an elephant motor...the king of them all...the Hemi. That's just in a class all by itself.

When was the last time saw a 413? My buddy has one with the cross ram set-up. It's in a '62 Chrysler letter series car (forgotten which one it is). Also, when was the last time you even heard of a 426 Wedge? I saw one back in '81. Haven't seen one since...

Reactions: Head Lice
Where is this?....I love it
Come to America buddy and I will take you.
Zion Utah. Don’t recall the name for the first two pics but the last two are angels landing. Gets pretty narrow up top so there’s a chain to hold on to. Not bad if you’re good with heights.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Come to America buddy and I will take you.
Zion Utah. Don’t recall the name for the first two pics but the last two are angels landing. Gets pretty narrow up top so there’s a chain to hold on to. Not bad if you’re good with heights.
I may take you up on that offer haha...I love heights, Love rock climbing and bungee Jumping....I meant to ask if you did a Bungee jump while you were here ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Powdermonkey
I may take you up on that offer haha...I love heights, Love rock climbing and bungee Jumping....I meant to ask if you did a Bungee jump while you where here ?
No, don’t really have any interest to. When I was younger I probably would have but never had the chance. I get to hang off ropes for work, even hang from choppers. I will have to look for some pics.
If you make it over here let me know. Moab is a couple hours, Zion maybe 4. And of course all the off-roading around ouray.

Reactions: MikeM and Kiwi TJ
No, don’t really have any interest to. When I was younger I probably would have but never had the chance. I get to hang off ropes for work, even hang from choppers. I will have to look for some pics.
If you make it over here let me know. Moab is a couple hours, Zion maybe 4. And of course all the off-roading around ouray.
sounds like a plan...lol......Id love to see some pics of you hanging off ropes and choppers....what do you do?...mountain rescue or stunt double for the mission impossible films ? hehe

Last edited:
souns like a plane...lol......Id love to see some pics of you hanging off ropes and choppers....what do you do?...mountain rescue or stunt double for the mission impossible films ? hehe
Not even close. We do drilling, blasting, soil stabilization, and rockfall mitigation. It’s just dirty, backbreaking work. We work in the most beautiful places. We built two fences in Zion, that’s why I was there. This chopper flight was -4F. It was cold. I seen lots of my industry in NZ.
83D740D6-DF4E-4129-A25F-BC56330683BF.jpeg
78663E32-6878-47CA-9CC8-FF8A52F9BAAB.jpeg

Reactions: MikeM and Kiwi TJ
wow that's cold and I can see why its back breaking work....Ive seen a few fences like that here...especially through some gorges