Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

0.jpg

Recent trip to the U.P. and Lake of the clouds. Took the pic in Silver City, near Porcupine moutains state park. Once of those shot that you think has potential, but the result is WAY better than you expect. Sorry, its not the wrangler, but its old and unique! 1978 GMC motorhome.

View attachment 190916
Reminds me of the one in the movie 'Stripes' haha...love that look (y)

Reactions: reddvltj and Mike_H
When I was a kid, always thought those were the coolest RVs ever, and didn't even know what an RV was. In the mid 70s, our local radio station bought one brand new, created a studio in the very back, changed the rear glass to clear so people could see them broadcasting from it and named it Rolling Radio. It seemed to be everywhere.

When I was a kid, always thought those were the coolest RVs ever, and didn't even know what an RV was. In the mid 70s, our local radio station bought one brand new, created a studio in the very back, changed the rear glass to clear so people could see them broadcasting from it and named it Rolling Radio. It seemed to be everywhere.
That one still exists, somewhere...I remember reading a story about it. Can't find it now, though. Pretty interesting. Someone is restoring it.

Bringing back the discussion from a few pages ago... Ended up with a third monitor for my setup. Another 1440p monitor that has a terrible panel (it was free). As you can see, I can't get the colors to sync up well across each monitor which is rather annoying, but besides that I'm enjoying the extra screen. My right monitor is 144hz 1440p, the middle is 60hz 4K, and the left is 60hz 1440p. My corner desk makes having three monitors hard but I've found I'm just using the one on the left for things I want up all day like Zoom and Slack. I'm considering adding a fourth to be honest...

IMG_2223.jpg

Reactions: ejay and Zorba
Bringing back the discussion from a few pages ago... Ended up with a third monitor for my setup. Another 1440p monitor that has a terrible panel (it was free). As you can see, I can't get the colors to sync up well across each monitor which is rather annoying, but besides that I'm enjoying the extra screen. My right monitor is 144hz 1440p, the middle is 60hz 4K, and the left is 60hz 1440p. My corner desk makes having three monitors hard but I've found I'm just using the one on the left for things I want up all day like Zoom and Slack. I'm considering adding a fourth to be honest...

View attachment 191433
I don't have one but really like the 34 inch ultra wide curved monitors.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
The last two companies I worked I had two 22" screens, plus my little 15" laptop. Kept the work email up on the laptop and the other I use for reports and whatever else I am using. My latest job I only have two 22" monitors and I cannot stand not having a third. I switch between multiple programs throughout the day and am constantly comparing aerial images to site plans. Debating buying my own third monitor to use

20200923_104227[1].jpg

I had a 4th monitor for a while. I had it in portrait mode and I mostly had my tasklist software on there, but sometimes I'd use it for other programs. But I loaned it to my boss for a project because it was a portable USB monitor, and he hasn't given it back yet. That was over a month ago! I need to bug him again. It's not the company's monitor - I bought it myself a few years ago.

Reactions: Zorba
They are great little Riggs. I just spent the last 3 months hunting out of my Samurai. :)
You were the first person I thought of when I saw the ad. That picture there just brought a smile to my face. That particular one happens to be a tin top version, which tend to bring in more money around here.

You were the first person I thought of when I saw the ad. That picture there just brought a smile to my face. That particular one happens to be a tin top version, which tend to bring in more money around here.
The Tin Tops aren't as popular down here. We like to take the tops off and lay the windshields down and wheel them and hunt out of them. Mine two weeks ago.
IMG_20200915_162617440_HDR.jpg