Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Here you go, Squatch.
Sunday drive in the DeSoto for cheeseburgers in Hinckley, IL.
View attachment 246759

Since I swapped out the tired generator system for a 6V positive ground alternator, it's running better than it has in 20 years. Next step will be a PCV set up and lose the puke tube. Then yank the radio and re cap it.
You're livin' the life, @Cheesy. Between the grandkids (all-inclusive) and that beautiful DeSoto, you've got it together, my friend. (y)

Reactions: reddvltj and Cheesy
I was trying to HOLD this Sockeye Salmon for a photo op before I throw it back into the river. It just wasn't interested in having it's picture taken I guess.

Image10.jpg

Last edited:
When ever I eat an apple, I always throw the core out in the side yard for the Opossums. A few minute after I threw one out the other day, a tree rat came and got it took it up on a limb and ate on it for a while. I decided to eat the peel off one and stick it on a wooden skewer and see what all came to snack on it. The rabbit came two different times for a snack. The squirrel came and checked it out once but was a little timid and ran off right after this pic. A few hours later he was back. I seen him walk up and before I could get off the couch and get over to the window he had snapped the top of the skewer off, tried picking the apple up but couldn’t get it off then leaned down and chewed the skewer in half under it and took off up the tree with the apple. LOL. They are fun to play with.

B75AE93E-EDA4-49D4-B20D-5E3CE4AD89AE.jpeg
80780DAE-081B-45F8-A040-AF15882B2636.jpeg

Last edited:
DSC00614.JPG

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 5 shots or only 4? What with all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .22 short, the least powerful handgun in the world - blow your earrings clean off! - you gotta ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya PUNK?!

Last edited:
Went out on the weekend to Coromandel.....Stopped by to see a replica of an old dam, loggers used to use to get the giant Kauri trees down from the higher ground...I'll be doing a day hike in a few months up to see the real thing and fantastic views
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0398.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg

Went out on the weekend to Coromandel.....Stopped by to see a replica of an old dam, loggers used to use to get the giant Kauri trees down from the higher ground...I'll be doing a day hike in a few months up to see the real thing and fantastic viewsView attachment 249388View attachment 249389View attachment 249390View attachment 249391
I've got 3 international destinations on my bucket list New Zealand has always been one of them. All the pics you share only reinforce that desire!!!

I've got 3 international destinations on my bucket list New Zealand has always been one of them. All the pics you share only reinforce that desire!!!
To coin the phrase.."c'mon in the waters fine' lol..
I need to take some pics when I get down the south island, you'll see a completely different landscape..... what are the other 2 destinations ?

Reactions: reddvltj
To coin the phrase.."c'mon in the waters fine' lol..
I need to take some pics when I get down the south island, you'll see a completely different landscape..... what are the other 2 destinations ?
Australia and Scotland, maybe Fiji as a possible 4th since it's right down there in your neck of the woods anyway.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Australia and Scotland, maybe Fiji as a possible 4th since it's right down there in your neck of the woods anyway.
I've always wanted to get to Pitcairn Island, for some strange reason. The place fascinates me. Likelihood that I'll ever get there is next to nil, however. Hell, a single jar of honey (about 8.75 ounces) from there is $300 shipped to the U.S., so I can't imagine the cost of a trip there with any kind of accommodations for lodging. Maybe when I'm gone, I'll have my ashes sent there to be spread out. ;)