Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Completely not my style at all - but the level of detail and the execution is fabulous! Not so much the underwear...

Not mine either but I sure do like it.

Sort of the same way I can look at a low rider or a HUGE lifted truck on 54" tires. While they ain't my style or type of thing I'm into I still like to look at how they got there.

13F29463-5ED8-436D-ACAE-9DEF4152F71F.jpeg

Freshly hatched leatherback headed to sea View attachment 258325
That's awesome. My wife and I used to volunteer at Hunting Island, SC, doing Turtle Patrol for Loggerhead Turtles. It was a lot of fun and we learned a lot about them. Unfortunately, my wife's health made it too hard for her to do anymore. We had 1 Leatherback nest one year, but hundreds of Loggerhead every year.

Freshly hatched leatherback headed to sea View attachment 258325
I never would have known that was a turtle. There seems to be a lot of him/her outside the shell and I hope it survives it's youngest days.

Here's a picture from 2007 of the snapping turtle my 11 yr old (at the time) daughter almost ran over with her bike just north of Akron on the Towpath Trail. I was following her and know she didn't hit it but thought it was dead because even though it's head was out, it wasn't moving at all.
P6060032.JPG

I poured some water on it which made it happy. Can't you just see that happy face?
P6060034.JPG

I think it was dropped by a bird because it was at least 50 yards away from the river and there was a lot of stuff in the way of it getting there. Because it was too far for me to toss it there we put it in the water bottle and took it to the van for the ride home.
P6060056.JPG

My son, who's not in the picture, named him Snappy. We fed him live fish, other live stuff from the pet store and sometimes live worms. We had him a little over a year before we let him go. This is my son's 9th birthday party and these kids were finding out that Snappy would snap.
PICT0019.JPG

20210610_210601.jpg

Letters and telegraphs from my dad to his mom during WWII. One of the letters starts with, today we achieved victory in Europe. I can't imagine how he was feeling.
He passed in 05 and very rarely do I look thru the old stuff, tonight as the first time I have seen these.

Last edited:
For Squatch. From the Big Rock, IL Car Show, where I saw the Behemoth.
View attachment 257656
Ooooohhh...she's a '59! I owned one for a while. A '58 is almost as beautiful, but the '59 smoothed out the sweep up into the tail fin, whereas the '58 was much more of a "jump" than a subtle transition. Man, she's a beauty! Thank you for sharing that, @Cheesy!

Reactions: Wildman
Ooooohhh...she's a '59! I owned one for a while. A '58 is almost as beautiful, but the '59 smoothed out the sweep up into the tail fin, whereas the '58 was much more of a "jump" than a subtle transition. Man, she's a beauty! Thank you for sharing that, @Cheesy!
I spotted it just after I got my chair out of the DeSoto and made a beeline towards it. We had a 59 Cross Country wagon when I was a kid, black with a red spear. Three on the tree with overdrive. It was the car I learned to dislike my Dads choice of music. ;) There were four AMC cars at the show, even more than Studebakers. I managed to get a side job rebuilding a carb on 63 Classic while yakking with people.